Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I sat on a 8 hour flight last week and the person behind me did this numeous times during the flight. And when she was sitting down spent most of the time kicking the back of my seat.

Did you ask her nicely to stop?

2 hours ago, red23 said:

So just returned from travels, something about airports turns people to morons.

• Standing as close to the baggage reclaim as possible, completely blocking vision and access for everyone else. 
  • People holding up the queue at security by collecting their stuff/putting things back on on the belt rather than taking their box elsewhere and doing so.
  • People who still race to be first on to the plane, the best thing airlines ever did was board the plane by zone, but then still try get on anyway.
  • Got on plane, someone in my seat, argues this is his seat, turns out it wasn't and he just sat wherever he fancied.
  • Was in the business lounge on my return journey, was a queue for a table in the restaurant area, where you can have a full meal. Some woman in a massive panic comes running up full tilt to the attendant saying she has a flight to catch in 30 minutes so must skip the queue (of about 10 people) Rather than accept she won't have time and should really be heading to gate, kicks off a massive fuss screaming at the attendant to let her in. Now if she's on business class she will also get food on the plane so it's really not necessary. 
  • People playing music/games/watching a film using the speaker on the phone during the flight. Some boy watching the Celtic highlights full blast in the seat in front of me, how can someone be such a c**t?
  • AND probably the worst one for me, people who pull themselves up off their seat on the plane using the back of your seat rather than push themselves up off their own seat.

There are many more but won't go on 🤣

Pretty much answered your own question there!

Add groups of lads/ladettes who think it's absolutely hilarious to hold up security by being too thick/self important to follow basic instructions.

I've had a sore head for the past couple of weeks, on and off, and haven't been sleeping well as a result, which is making the headache worse. Reached the point where I absolutely cannot be arsed doing anything and I can't wait for the holidays to arrive.

Also, sending parcels to the EU has been an absolute lottery since July, as the Royal Mail haven't sorted their documentation to the satisfaction of the EU's "new" VAT regulations. Just had another parcel kicked back by Irish customs - apparently writing "VAT Paid - here's the IOSS number" on the box isn't enough. Royal Mail just give automatic refunds and their helpline quite cheerfully admits that they haven't updated their parcel labels yet. They've only known this was coming for more than a year, FFS.

3 hours ago, red23 said:

So just returned from travels, something about airports turns people to morons.

• Standing as close to the baggage reclaim as possible, completely blocking vision and access for everyone else. 
  • People holding up the queue at security by collecting their stuff/putting things back on on the belt rather than taking their box elsewhere and doing so.
  • People who still race to be first on to the plane, the best thing airlines ever did was board the plane by zone, but then still try get on anyway.
  • Got on plane, someone in my seat, argues this is his seat, turns out it wasn't and he just sat wherever he fancied.
  • Was in the business lounge on my return journey, was a queue for a table in the restaurant area, where you can have a full meal. Some woman in a massive panic comes running up full tilt to the attendant saying she has a flight to catch in 30 minutes so must skip the queue (of about 10 people) Rather than accept she won't have time and should really be heading to gate, kicks off a massive fuss screaming at the attendant to let her in. Now if she's on business class she will also get food on the plane so it's really not necessary. 
  • People playing music/games/watching a film using the speaker on the phone during the flight. Some boy watching the Celtic highlights full blast in the seat in front of me, how can someone be such a c**t?
  • AND probably the worst one for me, people who pull themselves up off their seat on the plane using the back of your seat rather than push themselves up off their own seat.

There are many more but won't go on 🤣

Used to fly a lot and I'm pissing myself laughing as you've summed up the shiteness of the whole flying experience due to the other arseholes you fly with.

The diddies who jump out their seats immediately on touchdown to grab their hand luggage out of the lockers only to stand in the middle of the plane for ages deserved a special mention. 

The ones who seem surprised you have to remove any items before going through security, despite passing the signs advising this, and watching people in the queue in front of them doing it, also need a kicking.

7 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Used to fly a lot and I'm pissing myself laughing as you've summed up the shiteness of the whole flying experience due to the other arseholes you fly with.

The diddies who jump out their seats immediately on touchdown to grab their hand luggage out of the lockers only to stand in the middle of the plane for ages deserved a special mention. 

The ones who seem surprised you have to remove any items before going through security, despite passing the signs advising this, and watching people in the queue in front of them doing it, also need a kicking.

We could have a whole thread, and I’d be a big contributor, on just petty arsehole behaviour in airports. 

See also: folk who get up to stand at the carriage doors ten minutes before arrival at Haymarket to then block the exit as they're not actually alighting until Waverley.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Getting the skin off a pineapple. Seems to always be wee brown, hairy holes (Kenneth!) on the flesh no matter how much skin you slice off.

You need to carve 2 helical grooves of opposite chirality. It looked an absolute piece of piss when Marcus Wareing did it on telly but i'd probably lose an arm. 

3 hours ago, Shipa said:

Add groups of lads/ladettes who think it's absolutely hilarious to hold up security by being too thick/self important to follow basic instructions.

Tell them to try that in the USA and report back

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

We could have a whole thread, and I’d be a big contributor, on just petty arsehole behaviour in airports. 

From the observation, rather than the contribution, I presume?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

See also: folk who get up to stand at the carriage doors ten minutes before arrival at Haymarket to then block the exit as they're not actually alighting until Waverley.

Is this still about travel?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

^ ^ ^ Gets off at Haymarket!😉

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've had a sore head for the past couple of weeks, on and off, and haven't been sleeping well as a result, which is making the headache worse. Reached the point where I absolutely cannot be arsed doing anything and I can't wait for the holidays to arrive.

Also, sending parcels to the EU has been an absolute lottery since July, as the Royal Mail haven't sorted their documentation to the satisfaction of the EU's "new" VAT regulations. Just had another parcel kicked back by Irish customs - apparently writing "VAT Paid - here's the IOSS number" on the box isn't enough. Royal Mail just give automatic refunds and their helpline quite cheerfully admits that they haven't updated their parcel labels yet. They've only known this was coming for more than a year, FFS.

Gosh, it's almost as if Brexit had been a clusterfuck or something

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gosh, it's almost as if Brexit had been a clusterfuck or something

This is sort-of Brexit, but also not really. It's an issue with new EU rules (which have now been enforced for almost six months) on payment of VAT on imported goods. Anything bought from outside the EU has to be supplied with the proper shipping documentation to prove the VAT has been paid. Sometimes you get away with writing the proper numbers on the box yourself; sometimes not. Seems like a lot of it is automated, so if a machine somewhere doesn't see the correct info on your label, it's getting turned back at customs.

Other couriers have managed to include the correct information, but not Royal Mail yet. Worse, they know this is an issue, but give no warning that sending a parcel into the EU with them is a toss-up.