Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have never heard this word.

Please use in a sentence.

After allegedly murdering his children's nanny, "Lucky" Lord Lucan told friends he was going to "Lie doggo for a while."

It's been getting on for 50 years, so perhaps it's time he showed himself. Or not. 

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

People who "live and breath" football yet know nothing about it outside of the top half of the English Premier League and maybe a couple of the big European teams.

You probably could have stopped after the 1st word.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Picked up my clothes from the laundry, walked outside, bag split and the contents fell onto the muddy pavement.

Can you go back in and request the CCTV footage?

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Picked up my clothes from the laundry, walked outside, bag split and the contents fell onto the muddy pavement.

When I was in my late teens, my mate was moving house. He had a fairly substantial jazz mag collection and asked if I could take it to my house while the flit was going on, in case one of his parents decided to get proactive in packing up his room and found them. 

I showed up with a couple of plastic bags. The offending articles were decanted into them and I walked out of his front door, heading to my car. His mum was sitting in their living room watching TV, and waved to me. Just as I was about to wave back the bottom of the bag gave way. Jazz mags all over his front garden (it was a bit windy), and there was me running about chasing escaping copies of Club and the likes. 

Somehow she never noticed but I was certain she was either going to start banging on the windows, or come out to see why i was dashing about across her grass.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When I was in my late teens, my mate was moving house. He had a fairly substantial jazz mag collection and asked if I could take it to my house while the flit was going on, in case one of his parents decided to get proactive in packing up his room and found them. 

I showed up with a couple of plastic bags. The offending articles were decanted into them and I walked out of his front door, heading to my car. His mum was sitting in their living room watching TV, and waved to me. Just as I was about to wave back the bottom of the bag gave way. Jazz mags all over his front garden (it was a bit windy), and there was me running about chasing escaping copies of Club and the likes. 

Somehow she never noticed but I was certain she was either going to start banging on the windows, or come out to see why i was dashing about across her grass.

"My mate"

Following this I waited in the rain for a rideshare which didn't arrive. Got another one an hour later and now I'm stood, again in the rain, on the hard shoulder helping replace a wheel with one which says "max 50mph". Can't wait to get food poisoning tonight.

Yodel's piss-poor delivery service running five days overdue without any reasonable explanation.

Yodel's piss-poor, almost zero human beings involved customer services department then making chasing up their incompetence the most byzantine process available. 

The Gus McPherson of delivery companies. 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yodel's piss-poor delivery service running five days overdue without any reasonable explanation.

Yodel's piss-poor, almost zero human beings involved customer services department then making chasing up their incompetence the most byzantine process available. 

The Gus McPherson of delivery companies. 

yodel-dsc-0031.jpg.034e6c7448016e6db3d9827da0c52627.jpg

"I think you've gone the wrong address, mate. What do Leicester Tigers want with a huge "McPherson must go" banner anyway?"