Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Supermarkets - Loads of queues, loads of unmanned tills and some arsehole supervisor who's stood making an announcement for various people to come down and man the tills while they demean themselves by actually having to do some work :angry: Even worse is when the store manager grabs a member of staff to go look for the supervisor to get them to make an announcement. :angry:

Call Centres - Honestly what is wrong with apologising for your companies f**k up and actually doing something to fix the mistake. If I ever hear the phrase, "All I can do is apologise" again I'm going to fucking scream at the b*****d that said it. If all you can do is fucking apologise then get me someone with a bit more fucking intellegence :angry:

Postmen - Why can't they deliver letters to the right fucking door. I got a letter the other day for a house almost half a mile away. I got the postman today and tried to give him back the letter - he wasn't having it for some reason - and he actually excused himself saying that since my house was number 12 and the letter was for number 12 some other fucking street he hadn't really fucked up. :angry:

Office Toilets. :(

I went to carry out my private business but one of the two cubicles on my floor was occupied.

I have an aversion to dumping whilst the adjoining stall is occupied.

I went downstairs but no sooner had I sat down when someone else came in and sat down in the adjacent stall.

That was bad enough but to top it all they commenced their performance by letting rip with an earth shattering fart, followed by a contented aaaahhhhh. :ph34r::o

Sorry but that is unacceptable.

I've got my own personal toilet at work cause I am so important ^_^ , however there is no heating in the toilet which makes going for a quick dump fairly unpleasant.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I've got my own personal toilet at work cause I am so important

Are you sure that you don't produce such pungent deposits that your workmates clubbed together and lobbied management for you to get your own dunny? ;)

Supermarkets - Morrisons in paisley ( newish one )

3 lads in the shop 2 of us with a case of beer.

Asks the 3 of us for ID ? fair enough.

Asks date of birth ( this isnt the lad on the till , some cowfaced superviser )

Gets out a calculator to work out when 1988 was.

Says my hair is different from the photo :lol:

Argues with me saying if Im 18 I would have been born in '89.

Asked what I was planning on doing with the cans ( eating them for diner my reply )

she then asked another member of staff who came over n said 88 the boys are nearly 19 weesth hen :lol:

Total cow , she deserves slapped with a tuna tbh

Women drivers.

More specifically:-

1) Women drivers who do not know that a No Left Turn sign, means you are not allowed to turn left. This just causes people to get pissed off with you as you hold them up for ages. :angry: (especially when you look confused as to why they are honking their horns at you)

2) Women drivers who do their make-up sitting at a light, and cause you to miss the green light. :angry:

Asked what I was planning on doing with the cans ( eating them for diner my reply )

she then asked another member of staff who came over n said 88 the boys are nearly 19 weesth hen :lol:

:lol::lol:

I hate jobsworth bassas

Guest XaaronPrimus
Postmen - Why can't they deliver letters to the right fucking door. I got a letter the other day for a house almost half a mile away. I got the postman today and tried to give him back the letter - he wasn't having it for some reason - and he actually excused himself saying that since my house was number 12 and the letter was for number 12 some other fucking street he hadn't really fucked up. :angry:

There's funny laws regarding the post. They aren't allowed to hand it to you on the path, they HAVE to deliver it through the letter box, or give it to you while you are in the house. They probably LEGALLY can't accept letters handed back to them for whatever reason.

Also, it's more likely the fault of someone at the sorting office that the letter was in the the wrong bag/ place in the bag, not his.

And FFS, it's only a mis-delivered letter...

Were the three of you acting like twats before you went up to the counter? If you were, it's likely she did all that just to piss you off.

Guest xbasslichtie
nope

yep.

Anyway, the bloody exhaust mounting has rusted off my car! I went out to my mean machine, and noticed that the exaust was hanging in mid air, rather than sitting snugly against the body. So I had a look, and it turns out that the big metal bracket that sits round the end of my exhaust (not for me your cheap and dangerous hook) had basically just disintegrated with rust.

Luckily, I went out and did some work involving a hammer, the remnants of the mounting, and a length of chain and its now being held up again...still, Ill have to pop to the parts shop and get a replacement bracket as soon as!

There's funny laws regarding the post. They aren't allowed to hand it to you on the path, they HAVE to deliver it through the letter box, or give it to you while you are in the house. They probably LEGALLY can't accept letters handed back to them for whatever reason.

Also, it's more likely the fault of someone at the sorting office that the letter was in the the wrong bag/ place in the bag, not his.

And FFS, it's only a mis-delivered letter...

So what am I supposed to do with the mis-delivered letter? Am I supposed to deliver it for him? Shouldn't he have checked the address before stupidly posting the letter? What happens to the other person when they discover their peice of mail went missing? Sorting office is the post office. He represents the post office. What happened to taking responsibility for your f**k ups.

They all get on my nerves. :angry:

Guest The Phoenix
So what am I supposed to do with the mis-delivered letter?

Put it in a Royal Mail letter box and let them worry about it.

Postmen walksort their own mail i.e breaking it down into street and houses. T'was the postie to blame, no one else.

Can i ask if you have ever sorted mail before? Mistakes can happen. It could easily have been misread by the postman as an honest mistake.

As for what Stuart should do with it. He should stop being a miserable fucker, write on the envelope was delivered to the wrong address and re-post it. Posties are not allowed to take mail from individuals, and they must post it through your letterbox. If you don't like the rules, tough shit they are there for a reason.

Can i ask if you have ever sorted mail before? Mistakes can happen. It could easily have been misread by the postman as an honest mistake.

Yes I worked as a postman for 6 years.

I also agree it would have been an honest mistake. I made plenty of them myself but always took the letter back - why should I penalise the customer for my error. There were certainly no rules regarding taking mail back when I was there (left in 1997). Indeed, if a customer complained that I refused to accept an erroneously delivered letter, I would have been deep in the shit.

Yes I worked as a postman for 6 years.

I also agree it would have been an honest mistake. I made plenty of them myself but always took the letter back - why should I penalise the customer for my error. There were certainly no rules regarding taking mail back when I was there (left in 1997). Indeed, if a customer complained that I refused to accept an erroneously delivered letter, I would have been deep in the shit.

I worked as a postman after you, and was told that i was NOT Allowed to accept post from anyone. I HAD to tell them to put it in the post-box. (i picked up mail, not delivered).

I worked as a postman after you, and was told that i was NOT Allowed to accept post from anyone. I HAD to tell them to put it in the post-box. (i picked up mail, not delivered).

That could be because mail pickups are a paid for service. Whereas, what we're talking about here is correcting a delivery error.

Anyway, game is about to start - Forza Scozia

That could be because mail pickups are a paid for service. Whereas, what we're talking about here is correcting a delivery error.

Anyway, game is about to start - Forza Scozia

I was told it was an insurance thing (which may be why it is a recent "rule") Apparently it is to say that the "customer" put it in such and such a post box so it should have been picked up at a certain time, instead of just saying i gave it to the postie.