Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

And then complains to your boss that despite them leaving you multiple messages, you still haven't called them back. I've had that happen.

This is the thing that causes me most concern, the idiot boss immediately takes the side of the caller without doing research on the matter, which puts you (me) in the position of having to defend yourself.

8 hours ago, Shotgun said:

In the early days of fitba coverage here, they would try to squeeze in an advert break whenever there was a halt in the game as they do with American sports. Throw-ins, player down, ball in the neighbour's garden etc., let's try and sell some cars. And of course, we couldn't come back to the game until the advert was over, regardless of what was happening on the pitch. It wasn't good for my blood pressure.

In the early 1980’s one of the commercial stations hear covered the Greece v Australia game, afternoon kick-off so about 10.30 PM here. Loads of ad breaks and after one break they went to a local talking head who advised us Australia had scored during the break so we’ll show you the goal. He comes back on after the replay to tell us that during the replay Australia had score again to take the lead. It’s also possible there was an ad break in between. Australia eventually won 3-1 and they didn’t miss anymore goals.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This is the thing that causes me most concern, the idiot boss immediately takes the side of the caller without doing research on the matter, which puts you (me) in the position of having to defend yourself.

Right? My phone was ringing as I walked into the office one morning. I picked up to hear my idiot boss launch into a tirade because a client had phoned her to complain I hadn't responded to their urgent voice mail after 8 hours. "This isn't acceptable, you have to be more responsive, this isn't how we do things" and on and on. Eventually, I worked out that the client had left the voice mail at 11:30pm on a Sunday and had complained to my boss at 7:30am Monday. I hadn't even heard the bloody voice mail at that point.

And it wasn't urgent.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Right? My phone was ringing as I walked into the office one morning. I picked up to hear my idiot boss launch into a tirade because a client had phoned her to complain I hadn't responded to their urgent voice mail after 8 hours. "This isn't acceptable, you have to be more responsive, this isn't how we do things" and on and on. Eventually, I worked out that the client had left the voice mail at 11:30pm on a Sunday and had complained to my boss at 7:30am Monday. I hadn't even heard the bloody voice mail at that point.

And it wasn't urgent.

Conclusion, Bosses are fucking stupid.

A colleague of mine had a student contact him on Christmas Day asking some question or other about their dissertation. On Boxing Day the student emailed me to complain about not getting a prompt reply, copying in my colleague's out of office reply. Demanded a new supervisor.  Not sure what the student did after getting my out of office. Probably went on to complain to someone else.

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Total lack of respect Rod Stewart.. f**k off ya auld Tory voting p***k.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/rod-stewart-wants-celtic-play-22330578

i listened to this live, while he did say it, it wasn't as brutal and cold as  ''no one is interested in teams like St Mirren''   this is nothing but clickbait

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

And it goes without saying* but saying it anyway, take the other cheek with them.

*Because neither would DREAM of voluntarily being without the other.

and what would your next tv deal look like with neither of them in it ?

22 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

and what would your next tv deal look like with neither of them in it ?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who gives a f**k?

This. 

The game would naturally find its level. It might no be a great level but it would be our level.   

I'm ok with that. 

It's hardly a competition as it is. The league table tells the story. It'll be the same every year from now on. 

19 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

2009, FA cup. It was a Merseyside derby that was goalless all the way up until the last few minutes of extra time. They cut away to an ad break and missed Everton’s 118th minute winner. 

Remember it happening in an Ingerland world cup game too.

10 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

reading the youtube comments, it was only HD Viewers that missed the goal, which surprised me a little.

Edited by Meldrew

3 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Considering how infrequently that must happen, what are the odds. They cut away for less than 20 seconds with f**k all happening!

I have chilblains for the first time, likely due to a draught under the skirting board at my desk. I'm now old enough that I have to start worrying about draughts.

Also, check out the nick of this c**t's nails on the NHS Chilblains page: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chilblains/