Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is it just me or are the sing-song RSAMD accents in Gregory's Girl (That Sinking Feeling, Restless Natives) not toe curlingly cringingly bad?

The version made for USAians was overdubbed with...(sort of) pan loafy Scottish accents. I wonder if that's the one you saw?

Went to Glasgow yesterday for some Christmas shopping with the wife. Started off by going to McDonalds in Grangemouth for breakfast before hitting the motorway. Drove to Glasgow and the M8 was shut. Had to divert through various backstreets before reaching Buchanan Galleries.

Walking down Sauchiehall Street and my guts started churning badly (cheers McDonalds). Had to dash into another McDonalds and just barely made it. 

elhajlasiengedely.gif

My guts were bad for the rest of the day, scared to fart. 

Then the wife went over on her ankle and was limping about badly. 

On the drive home, the screenwash ran out and we had to stop to fill it up. And, finally, the road home was closed and we had another diversion. 

Home by 1pm but it was just a disaster of a trip from start to finish. 

Glasgow - 1 star review. Will not return any time soon.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Went to Glasgow yesterday for some Christmas shopping with the wife. Started off by going to McDonalds in Grangemouth for breakfast before hitting the motorway. Drove to Glasgow and the M8 was shut. Had to divert through various backstreets before reaching Buchanan Galleries.

Walking down Sauchiehall Street and my guts started churning badly (cheers McDonalds). Had to dash into another McDonalds and just barely made it. 

elhajlasiengedely.gif

On the drive home, the screenwash ran out and we had to stop to fill it up. And, finally, the road home was closed and we had another diversion. 

Let the train take the strain. 

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

elhajlasiengedely.gif

Every part of this seems ill-conceived and unnecessary.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The, frankly ridiculous, scenario where Sainsbury's petrol station pumps have a £99 limit and the exorbitant cost of petrol meaning that I couldn't actually finish filling up the car.

Not to take away from the ridiculous price of petrol, but couldn't you just stop at £99, put the pump back, then go again?