Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wasn’t too bad through here tbh. Definitely not between 6-8 anyway. It wasn’t just late though, wouldn’t really be too bothered by that, it just hasn’t shown up at all and they don’t then update the system to give an idea of when it might appear. Then they don’t let you complain until 2 days after the missed delivery.

Update: The lying c***s have now changed the status to claim they tried to deliver it at 7pm last night and I wasn’t in. Now it’ll be Monday before they try to redeliver, for an item which I paid extra to get delivered quickly on Wednesday. My head has absolutely gone.

I’ve got a million and one other things to think about. I won’t tolerate additional admin or tasks being imposed by a supermarket. 
I probably spend £9k a year in the supermarket. They should be rolling out a red carpet rather than making me carry about a coin for the privilege of using a trolley to spend money with them.

£170 odd a week on shopping? I think you should consider shopping at shops that want £1 for their trollies.

Sky Q main box falling off the router. 

Mrs Tdb found a good deal tbf. Sky broadband and sky q for less than what BT were taking for just broadband. No brainer. 

Sky guy comes and installs. Great. It worked perfectly for three weeks. 

Then the main box starts falling off the router. Initially it would work after a reset. But after a few times, it's tiresome. 

So I disconnect everything. Refit, reset and power it all up again. It struggled to connect and if it did, would fall off pretty quick. 

Phone call to sky. Tbf, not on hold forever and we do all the stuff we've already done again as the call centre guy flips through his flip chart. No joy, engineer appointment booked. 

He turned up Wednesday and after insisting we try a network booster, agreed its the main box that's the issue. New box installed. Problem solved. 

Until yesterday. 

I'm no impressed. 

Pretty sure it's not the router. Everything else connects and works fine. Even the sky q mini box connects but obviously won't work as the main box isn't connected. 

It'll be getting canceled at this rate. 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

They should be rolling out a red carpet rather than making me carry about a coin for the privilege of using a trolley to spend money with them.

News just in. 

Yer actually no that important. 

:)

3 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Mrs Tdb found a good deal tbf. Sky broadband and sky q for less than what BT were taking for just broadband. No brainer. 

Then the main box starts falling off the router. Initially it would work after a reset. But after a few times, it's tiresome. 

So I disconnect everything. Refit, reset and power it all up again. It struggled to connect and if it did, would fall off pretty quick. 

Phone call to sky. Tbf, not on hold forever and we do all the stuff we've already done again as the call centre guy flips through his flip chart. No joy, engineer appointment booked. 

He turned up Wednesday and after insisting we try a network booster, agreed its the main box that's the issue. New box installed. Problem solved. 

Until yesterday. 

I'm no impressed. 

Pretty sure it's not the router. Everything else connects and works fine. Even the sky q mini box connects but obviously won't work as the main box isn't connected. 

Sky q is shite.  My minibox randomly disconnects from the network about once a week.  If the router reboots I have to through the entire network setup on both sky q boxes.  Was better until sky had that network outage a few months back but since then it’s been dreadful.  I have loads of wifi access points in my house and the network is rock solid so its defo the sky equipment thats shite.

If I had the option of virgin I’d go back to them in a heartbeat.  Cheaper too and the only thing you don’t get is Sky Atlantic.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Sky q is shite

I'm beginning to agree. In my flat up at work, I've just got sky+. For 7 years it's been solid. This has barely lasted 7 weeks :rolleyes:

Even their adverts are pissing me off now :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Over the past six weeks I've had three different colds. Just when I'm starting to feel normal again - boom, my nose is suddenly running slightly or my throat seems a bit dry. 

Sounds like you could do with a trip to the doctor. I'm no medical expert, but I'd have thought it's more likely that it's the same cold and you're just not throwing it off. They'll probably want to run some bloods on you to see if you have a vitamin deficiency.

7 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Until yesterday. 

I'm no impressed. 

I’ve had a lot of the same issues with Sky Q. 

Main Box and 3 minis. One of all would randomly just fall off the network and f**k the whole thing. 

Engineer came and installed a booster. It helped, but still happened. It was doing it again this morning and was doing my nut in. 

What I’ve figured out is that it needs a strong and constant network signal. Wireless router doesn’t cover my whole house anyway so I have a cheap and very very good mesh system. I had one of the mesh cubes situated beside the main Sky Q box and others close to the other ones. 

this morning I reset the network on the main box and I ran an Ethernet cable from the cube into the sky Q box, giving it an Ethernet connection from the wee cube. It’s been rock solid all day and considerably faster than ever on all of the boxes.

£50 on Amazon for 3 of these. 

8B5F507F-FA9E-4D93-88CC-21118DF8FDF4.jpeg

1070DD41-6CD2-44AC-AA39-6E215349EE14.jpeg

Edited by Thorongil

Just now, BFTD said:

Sounds like you could do with a trip to the doctor. I'm no medical expert, but I'd have thought it's more likely that it's the same cold and you're just not throwing it off. They'll probably want to run some bloods on you to see if you have a vitamin deficiency.

It's definately been three different bugs with different symptoms. First felt more like a throat infection and took a good two weeks to clear. That one came with a cough so got a PCR test but it was negative. Got a few days feeling fine then suddenly got a runny nose one Friday afternoon and spent the Saturday and Sunday feeling very worn out out with chills and fever but not really any other symptoms. That lasted about a week. Again got a few days feeling fine but think it was this Tuesday this week I developed a chesty cough which is still going strong. This one I caught from OH who was prescribed antibiotics from his GP but they haven't touched it so it must be viral.

Been doing LF tests twice a week but have never tested positive for C-19 so it does just seem to be bad luck with other wee stupid cold bugs.

13 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

It's definately been three different bugs with different symptoms. First felt more like a throat infection and took a good two weeks to clear. That one came with a cough so got a PCR test but it was negative. Got a few days feeling fine then suddenly got a runny nose one Friday afternoon and spent the Saturday and Sunday feeling very worn out out with chills and fever but not really any other symptoms. That lasted about a week. Again got a few days feeling fine but think it was this Tuesday this week I developed a chesty cough which is still going strong. This one I caught from OH who was prescribed antibiotics from his GP but they haven't touched it so it must be viral.

Been doing LF tests twice a week but have never tested positive for C-19 so it does just seem to be bad luck with other wee stupid cold bugs.

In that case, your other half is clearly playing the long game and trying to kill you off gradually with constant coughs & colds.

You should accuse them on hidden camera and post the video so we can gauge their reaction. It's the only way to be sure.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Highly paid and probably respected actors basterdising  accents.

Surely they had a screen test to prove they were at least adequate at their job.

Has Hollywood not learned from Dick Van Dyke?

What a coincidence. I just got through binge-watching Frasier.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Currently watching Blown Away, so far Lloyd Bridges and Tommy Lee Jones fucking up a NornIrn accent, I'm sure there is more to follow.

Hollywood is incredible for dreadful Irish accents. And then when they clutch an Irish actor to their bosom, they force them to put on dreadful American accents. It must be very confusing.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hollywood is incredible for dreadful Irish accents. And then when they clutch an Irish actor to their bosom, they force them to put on dreadful American accents. It must be very confusing.

I once drove a guy to Glasgow airport as a favour to a relative.

The guy was over from New York to a wedding in Dunfermline, I asked my relative 'how long had he been away from Northern Ireland?' He said, he was 3rd generation and had never lived in NI.

Apparently there are enclaves in NYC that keep themselves to themselves and keep the accent.

Hollywood could save a bob or two and hire these guys.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I once drove a guy to Glasgow airport as a favour to a relative.

The guy was over from New York to a wedding in Dunfermline, I asked my relative 'how long had he been away from Northern Ireland?' He said, he was 3rd generation and had never lived in NI.

Apparently there are enclaves in NYC that keep themselves to themselves and keep the accent.

Hollywood could save a bob or two and hire these guys.

They'd give them subtitles.

Admittedly fairly, in some cases.