Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

44 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What is it about the £1 trolley you can't stomach but normal trolleys are fine. 

As in, are you fine using parking machines and vending machines etc? (If I am correct in assuming it's the whole £1 slot thing?) 

It’s the sheer insult and inconvenience of it. I don’t use parking machines, I use the RingGo app or use my phone to pay via Apple Pay. If a vending machine doesn’t have contactless I don’t use it. 

I’m not carrying around coins. It’s almost 2022. As if I’m going to steal a shopping trolley. 

Plenty of supermarkets don’t have this arcane practice of having to use a pound coin to get a trolley. If a supermarket does do this then I simply will not use it.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Fair play getting that wound up about carrying coins. 

It does genuinely annoy me. I don’t have a lot of free time. I’m busy and on the go a lot. Busy job and young family. 

I don’t have a lot of patience for things that get in my way or delay me in going about my daily life. The way I see it is that I am of benign of positive impact on others and if someone or something steals my time then I have no tolerance for it. 

Edited by Thorongil

45 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

They are fucking disgraceful. I’m not even allowed to submit an enquiry as to the whereabouts of my fucking parcel until 2 days after the delivery time. Paid extra for express delivery. f**k off Hermes.

Tried to return an item recently, eventually gave up and dropped it off at the Coop for them to collect it there. :lol: Think they must be short of drivers.

one.thumb.jpg.1687e20a195362c782a28f70284bb3f5.jpg

two.thumb.JPG.b711d4fa3c5fba0955b4cc67048ea656.JPG

11 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

It’s the sheer insult and inconvenience of it. I don’t use parking machines, I use the RingGo app or use my phone to pay via Apple Pay. If a vending machine doesn’t have contactless I don’t use it. 

I’m not carrying around coins. It’s almost 2022. As if I’m going to steal a shopping trolley. 

Plenty of supermarkets don’t have this arcane practice of having to use a pound coin to get a trolley. If a supermarket does do this then I simply will not use it.

This is also a factor in my choice of supermarkets. 

If they want to stop people stealing them they should adapt the exploding collar technology out of The Running Man. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

This is also a factor in my choice of supermarkets. 

If they want to stop people stealing them they should adapt the exploding collar technology out of The Running Man. 

I know, right? And honestly, who steals shopping trolleys? It’s not 1985 when there were 4 channels on the telly and kids had nothing better to do.

I know, right? And honestly, who steals shopping trolleys? It’s not 1985 when there were 4 channels on the telly and kids had nothing better to do.

There's been a shopping trolley in my area, moving from street to street, for the last week or so. It's the first time I've seen one in a while right enough, but they absolutely do still get pinched.

I refuse to believe it's such an inconvenience to leave a pound coin in your car just in case. It's not 1985 when pound coins were often spoke about but rarely seen.

I used to stay near an Asda, and folk would wheel the trolleys to the stairs 300yds away and would carry their shopping from there. The result was always a line of abandoned trolleys. And folk would also leave trolleys around the area. Having to pop a pound in would stop this. Obviously the running man solution would be the best though.

@Honest_Man#1, ken that Hermes are notoriously pish, but was the weather not a factor in your late delivery last night? 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Should have stuck in at school m8. Got better qualifications to get a better job and afford to live in a more salubrious area that doesn’t need to tie up its shopping trolleys.

32 minutes ago, velo army said:

I used to stay near an Asda, and folk would wheel the trolleys to the stairs 300yds away and would carry their shopping from there. The result was always a line of abandoned trolleys. And folk would also leave trolleys around the area. Having to pop a pound in would stop this. Obviously the running man solution would be the best though.

@Honest_Man#1, ken that Hermes are notoriously pish, but was the weather not a factor in your late delivery last night? 

Wasn’t too bad through here tbh. Definitely not between 6-8 anyway. It wasn’t just late though, wouldn’t really be too bothered by that, it just hasn’t shown up at all and they don’t then update the system to give an idea of when it might appear. Then they don’t let you complain until 2 days after the missed delivery.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There's been a shopping trolley in my area, moving from street to street, for the last week or so. It's the first time I've seen one in a while right enough, but they absolutely do still get pinched.

I refuse to believe it's such an inconvenience to leave a pound coin in your car just in case. It's not 1985 when pound coins were often spoke about but rarely seen.

I’ve got a million and one other things to think about. I won’t tolerate additional admin or tasks being imposed by a supermarket. 

I probably spend £9k a year in the supermarket. They should be rolling out a red carpet rather than making me carry about a coin for the privilege of using a trolley to spend money with them.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wasn’t too bad through here tbh. Definitely not between 6-8 anyway. It wasn’t just late though, wouldn’t really be too bothered by that, it just hasn’t shown up at all and they don’t then update the system to give an idea of when it might appear. Then they don’t let you complain until 2 days after the missed delivery.

Its the lack of somecunt to complain to that boils (nay, sublimates) my piss. Utterly psychopathic. 

My heart always sinks a wee bit when I find out Hermes are delivering. 

41 minutes ago, velo army said:

Just have trolley marshalls taking them back. It’s common enough practice.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’ve got a million and one other things to think about. I won’t tolerate additional admin or tasks being imposed by a supermarket. 

I probably spend £9k a year in the supermarket. They should be rolling out a red carpet rather than making me carry about a coin for the privilege of using a trolley to spend money with them.

On net margins they are probably making way less than a fiver a week on you, your arseholish behaviour around trolley etiquette makes you close to  a net loss to them so they would happily f**k you off.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

Instead the should spend the money to employ people because you can't put a wee fob on your keys, or carry a pound coin. Or "admin" as you call it.

Mintal.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

On net margins they are probably making way less than a fiver a week on you, your arseholish behaviour around trolley etiquette makes you close to  a net loss to them so they would happily f**k you off.

Then they can shove it up their arse. That’s why I use supermarkets which don’t have this ridiculous trolley nonsense. You following?