Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

You of all people must remember the olden days when the Top of the Pops compilation albums made a fortune from cover bands, especially at Christmas. Hardly anyone noticed, f**k knows how they got the rights.

My parents used to buy those!

17 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Judgemental women at hipster coffee vans. I'd had a coffee the day before from them and been given 2 tiny wee sachets of sugar. So this time I asked for 4.

"Four! FOUR? Do you hear that, he wants FOUR sugar. It'll rot your teeth. FOUR SUGAR!"

What I should have said was "Aye, 4 sugars because it's brown sugar that's crap and the bags are fucking tiny. And at £3 for a paper cup of hot flavoured water, I'll have as much sugar as I want"

But I didn't. I just smiled wanly and said "Aye, right ye are hen"

How's brown sugar crap?

On 05/11/2021 at 20:07, DiegoDiego said:

"McSauce".

I don’t get it at all. It is because McTominay has the same 3 letters in succession as tomato and they think they look or sound the same when written or spoken? 

I might be well off with that but can’t think of anything else.  Perhaps there’s a sauce gag or reference I’ve missed.

On 05/11/2021 at 21:35, welshbairn said:

You of all people must remember the olden days when the Top of the Pops compilation albums made a fortune from cover bands, especially at Christmas. Hardly anyone noticed, f**k knows how they got the rights.

"Not original artists".

I got a leathering from my dad one Christmas Day when my Auntie gave me a TotP compilation album. I ripped off the Xmas paper, took one look at it and went "Shite".  My dad's hand hit the side of my face about 2 milliseconds later. 

Judgemental women at hipster coffee vans. I'd had a coffee the day before from them and been given 2 tiny wee sachets of sugar. So this time I asked for 4.

"Four! FOUR? Do you hear that, he wants FOUR sugar. It'll rot your teeth. FOUR SUGAR!"

What I should have said was "Aye, 4 sugars because it's brown sugar that's crap and the bags are fucking tiny. And at £3 for a paper cup of hot flavoured water, I'll have as much sugar as I want"

But I didn't. I just smiled wanly and said "Aye, right ye are hen"

Down to me being a sad case/pissed off with those sachets I actually poured one onto a teaspoon. One sachets is half a teaspoon worth. So, like you I grab or ask for at least 4 sachets now and when I get the smart arse comment you received I bore them with that story as well.

31 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Getting an email to tell me a delivery will be made tomorrow then finding out it will be by DPD.

Good old DPD, the company that during exam time, went to deliver my broken laptop back to Staples for me to collect. They couldn't because nobody answered the back door. The store was open at the time. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Good old DPD, the company that during exam time, went to deliver my broken laptop back to Staples for me to collect. They couldn't because nobody answered the back door. The store was open at the time. 

In fairness a lot of companies will not let deliveries go in the front door,i deliver in G2 and a lot of places are really a pain on where and when the accept deliveries.

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This?

My Great Uncle Owen got shell shock after nonsense like this. And my Great Uncle Jimmy got fined before nonsense like this and made to pay back his uniform after going AWOL in 1917. 

BOOM!!! 

f**k Off