Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Saw some guy put an empty tub outside with a sign saying "Kids, help yourself". Thought that was a pretty clever way to deal with it.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wakes up in the morning to find that the kids have helped themselves to the air in his tyres ! 

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I went shopping at half 6 on Saturday night and successfully missed all the guisers.  Lovely stuff.

Reasons to be cheerful for this pish.

Tbh I'd have thought that the weather would have put paid to the trick or treating (aye, I'm a boot in the arse off 40 and nobody called it guising when I was wee). 

My Hallowe'en pttgoyn is that bairns arrive at the door expecting sweeties for no return. When I was wee you had to do some kind of turn, be it a joke or a song. 

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

Reasons to be cheerful for this pish.

Tbh I'd have thought that the weather would have put paid to the trick or treating (aye, I'm a boot in the arse off 40 and nobody called it guising when I was wee). 

My Hallowe'en pttgoyn is that bairns arrive at the door expecting sweeties for no return. When I was wee you had to do some kind of turn, be it a joke or a song. 

I know what you mean, but who wants to stand in the cold listening to shite from brats you've never laid eyes on. It was bad enough having to look impressed with our own.

Just now, milton75 said:

Because Saturday wasn't Halloween?

I know, but thats when everyone was out guising.  Certainly up here anyway.  No cunt was about last night.

58 minutes ago, velo army said:

Guising the day before is awful behaviour.

I saw someone on facebook asking if people were going out with their kids on Saturday or Sunday, which I thought odd as Hallowe'en was Sunday. If it was Monday you'd not be asking if anyone was going out on Saturday, so what difference does it make?

When they bring the restaurant bill and there's no accompanying mints or sweets [emoji19]
Yeah, I especially miss the unwrapped mint imperials that have been fingered by the manky bassas that don't wash their mitts after a visit to the bogs. That wee extra tinge of fishy pish makes for a real treat.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yeah, I especially miss the unwrapped mint imperials that have been fingered by the manky bassas that don't wash their mitts after a visit to the bogs. That wee extra tinge of fishy pish makes for a real treat.

I haven't heard linguistic prowess like "fingered by the manky bassas" and "extra tinge of fishy pish" since the Macc Lads split up.

Mrs SL is an Eagles fan (I know). Two things - ticket prices "tbc" before going on sale Friday. Secondly, Premier Inn at the tram to Murrayfield is showing £180 room rate for the night of the concert.

Oh well, saved a wee fortune. Although, as if by magic, the room rate for the night after the concert is £43. 

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Mrs SL is an Eagles fan (I know). Two things - ticket prices "tbc" before going on sale Friday. Secondly, Premier Inn at the tram to Murrayfield is showing £180 room rate for the night of the concert.

Oh well, saved a wee fortune. Although, as if by magic, the room rate for the night after the concert is £43. 

They'll be monitoring uptake of the £180 hotel rooms before deciding the target price point for the gig itself!

14 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Take it to the limit...

Bores who refer to Halloween as something  imported and  American who presumably don't consume any American media or pizzas or burgers. 

A special prize for folk who think carving a turnip is more authentic as if 19th century Scots wouldn't have used a pumpkin if they were freely available.