Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 25/10/2021 at 23:17, tamthebam said:

I've never heard "bunker" being used for a worktop in Edinburgh. 

I think I might carve a proper neep lantern this year. I tried it years ago and just gained new admiration for my old man managing to do it every year 

Next to be seen posting on the pie and Bovril hospital thread after losing a fingertip or severing an artery.

I can still recall the smell of the tumshie lantern. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

It's JG Ross' ones I've seen being flogged in Tesco.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wallaces in Dundee I think. Ross's are available on a wee stand in Home Bargains Lochee.  Bacon butteries being one such delight.

And no, @johnnydun ive already been round and cleared them out. 

We do both. JG Ross comes n goes and is an awful seller.

We use to make our own ones however company we got ingredients from put prices up so we stopped and fact bakery wasn't making a profit 

23 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

We do both. JG Ross comes n goes and is an awful seller.

We use to make our own ones however company we got ingredients from put prices up so we stopped and fact bakery wasn't making a profit 

I'll take any Ross's off your hands.  Obviously the heathens down here dont appreciate a decent buttery. 

11 hours ago, velo army said:

I thought buttery was if you were from the shire/moray and a rowie if you're from the city. 

Either way. Stick it in the toaster for a wee bit. Life changing.

Warming bread up only works if you cool it down a bit before consuming. 

Toasted products are best eaten cold to avoid the butter melting and making it soggy. 

There’s a local homeless guy (by choice, has supposedly refused help numerous times as he prefers living outside) in my area. One of these locally famous characters who everyone knows. He’s a hoarder so builds up a huge mountain of stuff in each new place he stays, until police move him on and he starts again every few days.

Generally apart from the odd bit of aggression/ramblings when passing by there’s not an issue, but today my partner had a filling at our local dentist scheduled in. Cancelled morning work meetings and took the morning off, then shows up and he’s piled all his stuff up in the doorway and is aggressively defending it with the dentist at the door trying to enter his business. Dentist obviously had to call the police and cancel the appointment. Just a massive pain in the arse.

18 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I'd say it's a skinny wee roll that you can hardly cut through the middle to put any butter on.

You categorically do not need to add any more butter to it. The clue is in the name.

The best description I heard before venturing to that neck of the woods is that it's a flat croissant. Not quite the same texture but the flavour is very similar. 

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There’s a local homeless guy (by choice, has supposedly refused help numerous times as he prefers living outside) in my area. One of these locally famous characters who everyone knows. He’s a hoarder so builds up a huge mountain of stuff in each new place he stays, until police move him on and he starts again every few days.

Generally apart from the odd bit of aggression/ramblings when passing by there’s not an issue, but today my partner had a filling at our local dentist scheduled in. Cancelled morning work meetings and took the morning off, then shows up and he’s piled all his stuff up in the doorway and is aggressively defending it with the dentist at the door trying to enter his business. Dentist obviously had to call the police and cancel the appointment. Just a massive pain in the arse.

..more of a pain in your other half’s gums though, I would have thought!

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cancelled morning work meetings and took the morning off, then shows up and he’s piled all his stuff up in the doorway and is aggressively defending it with the dentist at the door

Loving your dentist standing with him in solidarity.