Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Similar to buying a bottle of water or something at an airport; boarding card please. Nope.

Haven't flown in a couple of years, so I forgot about that. What's it all about?

You don't need to subscribe for that to happen tbh.
£2 odds a month for a family premium account if you use a VPN server in India.

High level steps:

Get VPN and connect to India server
Create a New Gmail account with any old India town and post code
Setup payment, revolut works a treat here.
Setup a UK billing location as well
Disconnect from VPN
Invite your main google account to it and your family accounts as well.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

got asked for all that info in B&Q once when I was returning some stuff.  When I asked why they needed my email address etc. to process a return they said it was an anti-money laundering measure 😂

Telling someone about an anti money laundering measure is a criminal offence in itself known as tipping off.

21 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Telling someone about an anti money laundering measure is a criminal offence in itself known as tipping off.

Can’t be right surely.  If you asked a bank why they need loads of stuff to open an account they’ll happily tell you it’s AML stuff.

40 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Can’t be right surely.  If you asked a bank why they need loads of stuff to open an account they’ll happily tell you it’s AML stuff.

It's more of you suspect someone of Money Laundering and then tell them you suspect them then that is an offence 

39 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It's more of you suspect someone of Money Laundering and then tell them you suspect them then that is an offence 

Probably yeah, in my old job we were trained & threatened to the point of paranoia about it.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Every major bank and finance company would be in the jail if this was true. 

45 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Every major bank and finance company would be in the jail if this was true. 

I’ve worked at lots of banks.  AML is one of the quarterly training shite things you have to do, even if you don’t actually deal with money.  The guidance was if you suspect it then report it to the AML team.  They’ll deal with it.  That was all you needed to know to pass your quarterly exam.

I’d hope the AML team got a bit more training.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Meant to post this a while back but this new spin of calling face masks "face coverings" to make them sound cuddlier and less scary is worthy of mention.

They are masks. Period.

Kick the government's "nudge unit" into the sea.

Nudge Unit eh.....? Say no more... 

Types_of_trees_8.jpg.035f02811890ad35b1b969ba076ef588.jpg

Tesco's website having issues when I've got three hours to add the shopping we need for next week, rather than the bunch of placeholder stuff that I added at the start of this week just to book the slot  <_<