Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Maybe old people should have a sign in the back of their cars : 'OAP on Board'.

This would give you leeway to drive as carelessly as you want since the people in the car have already had a full life. If you killed one of them due to crazy driving, it wouldn't matter as much, really.

In fact (just to really ram home my point), all driver should be forced to display the ages of the people in the car so the drivers behind can adjust their care and consideration accordingly.

Easy tiger

Guest The Phoenix

This prolonged debate about whether stupid signs displayed in car windows would alter your driving standard is quite worrying.

Surely we should all drive with due regard to the Highway Code at all times?

Never mind who's in the other car, you could kill yourself by driving inappropriately.

M'lud the case for the defence rests. I think you'll find our argument persuasive and uncontestable. :)

Just as an aside (and I hate them too) but baby on board signs were originally produced and used to alert the emergency services that there is/was/could be a small child in the car in event of an accident so they can be prioritised.

Guest xbasslichtie

Ive just been told by my flatmate who sleeps 3 rooms along from me that she can hear me singing my wee heart out. :ph34r:

It doesnt help that Im currently in Irish Folk mode, so Im giving my best rendition of some Dubliners songs....

I don't drive at 20mph in 5th gear constantly. I only do it in your car when you are sitting in the passenger seat cos you make me so bloody nervous as I am driving your "precious" car.

And on the subject of driving - you ain't all that matey. I sit with my foot on the invisible brake in the passenger seat when you are driving as you drive way too fast and too close to the car in front.

You drive at 20mph in 5th gear? :blink:

I agreed with you concerning the fact that we should drive safe regardless.

Do you realise how condescending you are?

Anyone would feel that wee bit worse about killing a child. If you wouldnt, good for you.

Wait until you have a child, you may re-think your opinions.

I am someones child. My parents would grieve my death just as much as a family who lost a baby. Like I said to Bowie, every RTA death is tragic, there's no need to prioritise it at all, I find it quite distasteful that you'd feel worse if you killed a child than a person that wee bit older.

There's nothing condescending about what I'm saying, or indeed the way I am saying it.

Maybe old people should have a sign in the back of their cars : 'OAP on Board'.

This would give you leeway to drive as carelessly as you want since the people in the car have already had a full life. If you killed one of them due to crazy driving, it wouldn't matter as much, really.

In fact (just to really ram home my point), all driver should be forced to display the ages of the people in the car so the drivers behind can adjust their care and consideration accordingly.

Do you realise how condescending you are? :P