Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Adverts on the Youtube now getting very intrusive :rolleyes:  

Does anybody actually watch them? 

Not if I can help it, which is probably why they now seldom let you skip after five seconds.

Adverts on the Youtube now getting very intrusive :rolleyes:  
Does anybody actually watch them? 
Not if I can help it, which is probably why they now seldom let you skip after five seconds.

I hate myself for doing it but they've broken me and I've went Premium. Though I have to admit it's been smashing watching stuff without the ads.

Myself and my daughter watch a shitload of stuff on YouTube so I don't really grudge the money tbh.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I hate myself for doing it but they've broken me and I've went Premium. Though I have to admit it's been smashing watching stuff without the ads.

Myself and my daughter watch a shitload of stuff on YouTube so I don't really grudge the money tbh.

How much does it cost?

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I hate myself for doing it but they've broken me and I've went Premium

I imagine it will only continue to get worse. Then I'll just stop watching. 

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

When buying something and the person behind the cash desk says, can I get your email address to send you your receipt?

No, you can't.

First came across that in the US at the dawn of the millennium. Young laddie at Radio Shack asked me for my email and zip code when I was buying some components. When I asked why, he looked awkward and said, "I'm not allowed to sell it to you without them".

8C21FA0D-172E-452D-827C-006F5554C7AF.gif

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

First came across that in the US at the dawn of the millennium. Young laddie at Radio Shack asked me for my email and zip code when I was buying some components. When I asked why, he looked awkward and said, "I'm not allowed to sell it to you without them".

got asked for all that info in B&Q once when I was returning some stuff.  When I asked why they needed my email address etc. to process a return they said it was an anti-money laundering measure 😂

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

My mum had this experience a few weeks ago buying a vacuum cleaner - don't know which shop it was in.  Madness.  

At least she would have been able to pay with cash though!

2 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

When buying something and the person behind the cash desk says, can I get your email address to send you your receipt?

No, you can't.

Similar to buying a bottle of water or something at an airport; boarding card please. Nope.