Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 hours ago, superbigal said:

Sitting on tarmac at weegie Airport as other flights after us continue to take off. f**k knows how air traffic works. Even on flightaware there is f**k all air traffic around the weeg.
Any air traffic contollers on here ?

Edit we are off.

local man at pains to shoe-horn his favoured "weegie" expression into every sentence....

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose winning 30 notes on the lottery isnt bad, but getting the "you've won a prize" email meant I had genuine thoughts of retirement this morning, for as long as it took to enter wrongly 3 times, then reset my password.... Only to have them dashed by the 30 pound prize that waited within.

If you have won decent money your email will come through way before 11pm.  The later it is the smaller the amount.

54 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst I agree completely with your sentiments, waking up to the email, logging on and finding out your £2.50 that you've paid for a ticket has somehow won you back £2.30 is even  more demoralising 

Now that does hurt.  

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

If you have won decent money your email will come through way before 11pm.  The later it is the smaller the amount.

It was there when I woke up and I went to bed at 11, so that doesnt detract from my rage. Im off work till next Monday which maybe softens the blow, but its not retirement, is it

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Now that does hurt.  

Currently waiting for Monday to nip down to the Post Office to claim his multi million winnings in used fivers, imho

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose winning 30 notes on the lottery isnt bad, but getting the "you've won a prize" email meant I had genuine thoughts of retirement this morning, for as long as it took to enter wrongly 3 times, then reset my password.... Only to have them dashed by the 30 pound prize that waited within.

My heart bleeds...

Screenshot_20211017-181540_Chrome.jpg

Better returns betting on whoever Vale of Leithen are playing.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:
16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Better returns betting on whoever Vale of Leithen are playing.

Just imagine a 5 team accumulator:

Accies v Raith, away win: tick

Arbroath v Pars, home win: tick

Mo v Falkirk, home win: tick

Cowden v Stirling, away win: tick

Vale v Stirling Uni, away win... WTF?! USELESS TAX DODGING BASTUDS!

I've been putting off a variety of annoying wee tasks over the past few months, so I've been spending today making a series of phone calls, engaging in live chat sessions, filling out forms, sending out email inquiries, shopping for mundane purchases, and I've still got odd jobs to do about the house.

It's basically all the little things that involve interaction with other human beings, and I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself that I've allowed it all to accumulate into a solid day of hell instead of dealing with them all one at a time when they came up  :angry:

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've been putting off a variety of annoying wee tasks over the past few months, so I've been spending today making a series of phone calls, engaging in live chat sessions, filling out forms, sending out email inquiries, shopping for mundane purchases, and I've still got odd jobs to do about the house.

It's basically all the little things that involve interaction with other human beings, and I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself that I've allowed it all to accumulate into a solid day of hell instead of dealing with them all one at a time when they came up  :angry:

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely

Maps on my phone deciding to self-rotate in a failed attempt to be more useful. As a dinosaur (hedgesaurus cutteri), I far prefer the consistency of having a non-changing map with north fixed to the top.

Edited by Hedgecutter