Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When I lived on Arran, the Queen came to visit. Royal Yacht in Brodick, media everywhere*. Now the roads on Arran were shocking at the time and there had been protests at the huge potholes everywhere (someone planted a tree in one), so imagine the outrage when the council tarmacked the bit of road between Brodick and the place the Queen visited. Not a yard extra. 

*While the media were swarming over the Queen cutting a ribbon or somesuch, Prince Charles was having a quiet picnic on the beach at Sannox with William and Harry. 

Edited by Newbornbairn

Vet bills. 

Did you not get insurance? We never had it early days and the stupid creature damaged her leg trying to dig under a fence while the dog on the other side did the same thing. It was over £100 for a couple of stitches. Needless to say the insurance was purchased soon after.

They're crafty fuckers though. We've had the dog in for some stomach problems and the bill was just short of what the insurance excess was.

We've got two with serious heart defects that weren't picked up until adulthood; bad enough that the vet didn't expect one to live long, and always looks surprised when I take her in ("wow, she looks like she's doing really well").

Thankfully, we got one of them from the Cat's Protection League when she was a kitten, and they insist that you take out an insurance policy for any cats they re-home. Been paying £23 a month for about eight years, but her medicine costs £60 a month, so I'll end up winning on that deal, and any other procedures/medication she needs will obviously be covered too. I wasn't smart enough to take out insurance on the sicker of the two, so I'm on the hook for £60 per month for her meds, a vet visit every two months, £25 a month for special food...she's one of my bigger expenses!

I'd recommend getting it if you're on a low income, as sudden illness can really f**k you. Just make sure the plan covers whole life with no sudden jumps in the premium, as some of them will only cover your pet until they're 7 years old or some such bullshit (i.e. the years in which they're unlikely to have any illnesses).

Sitting on tarmac at weegie Airport as other flights after us continue to take off. f**k knows how air traffic works. Even on flightaware there is f**k all air traffic around the weeg.
Any air traffic contollers on here ?

Edit we are off.

Sitting on tarmac at weegie Airport as other flights after us continue to take off. f**k knows how air traffic works. Even on flightaware there is f**k all air traffic around the weeg.
Any air traffic contollers on here ?

Edit we are off.

I hear when folk don't have their phone on Airplane Mode it slows everything down...

Suppose winning 30 notes on the lottery isnt bad, but getting the "you've won a prize" email meant I had genuine thoughts of retirement this morning, for as long as it took to enter wrongly 3 times, then reset my password.... Only to have them dashed by the 30 pound prize that waited within.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose winning 30 notes on the lottery isnt bad, but getting the "you've won a prize" email meant I had genuine thoughts of retirement this morning, for as long as it took to enter wrongly 3 times, then reset my password.... Only to have them dashed by the 30 pound prize that waited within.

Whilst I agree completely with your sentiments, waking up to the email, logging on and finding out your £2.50 that you've paid for a ticket has somehow won you back £2.30 is even  more demoralising