Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, pawpar said:

Esther Rantzen becomes woman of the year despite helping Jimmy Saville to f**k kids. Sorry I apologise Dame Esther Rantzen.

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/national/19639646.esther-rantzen-pays-tribute-charity-teams-women-year-honour/

She set up Child Line. He thought it was a delivery service.

7 hours ago, pawpar said:

Esther Rantzen becomes woman of the year despite helping Jimmy Saville to f**k kids. Sorry I apologise Dame Esther Rantzen.

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/national/19639646.esther-rantzen-pays-tribute-charity-teams-women-year-honour/

Sausages.

Motor failed in one of the car windows, the b*****d decided to wind down on its own and stop fecking working. 

Having to take the door apart to get it up and closed whilst sourcing a new part. Hopefully doesn't rain soon

39 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
The BBC, and this currently being the 7th most read news article: Squid Game: Police reassure motorists over M4 road sign - BBC News

Linking to it just encourages them!

Be glad I didn't post the essay someone wrote about a Scottish TikToker getting Lidl to recall lumpy oat milk.

In a late bid to do literally anything connected to the environment in the leadup to COP26, Glasgow City Council seem to have started removing all the recycling bins for glass bottles and jars from the West End, presumably to relocate them down at the SECC for a couple of weeks.

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

In a late bid to do literally anything connected to the environment in the leadup to COP26, Glasgow City Council seem to have started removing all the recycling bins for glass bottles and jars from the West End, presumably to relocate them down at the SECC for a couple of weeks.

Walking from the Hydro back to my flat in Merchant city I noticed how lovely the Clyde walkway was looking now that there's dignitaries arriving shortly. New lights, bins cleared, foliage all trimmed and looking good. Crazy how they find the money to do all this now...

22 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Walking from the Hydro back to my flat in Merchant city I noticed how lovely the Clyde walkway was looking now that there's dignitaries arriving shortly. New lights, bins cleared, foliage all trimmed and looking good. Crazy how they find the money to do all this now...

Yep...imagine trying to make a place look nice for visitors.  My wife does the same at Christmas the mad bint! 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep...imagine trying to make a place look nice for visitors.  My wife does the same at Christmas the mad bint! 

The point is that come mid-November the bins will be back to overflowing and the area back on a downwards trajectory.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The point is that come mid-November the bins will be back to overflowing and the area back on a downwards trajectory.

I remember working in a theatre when Princess Margaret came to see a show, and we had to fit a brand new bog for her with a screened walkway from her box in case she wanted a shite.

23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The BBC, and this currently being the 7th most read news article: Squid Game: Police reassure motorists over M4 road sign - BBC News

In general, not looking at the "most read" list on the BBC's news portal is good for your mental health.

1. Person says "bum" on Twitter scandal
2. Reality TV slapper "wears no pants"
3. Jovial Farage drinks pint
9. Moscow "in flames", missiles headed toward New York
10. Millions dead from new plague