Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

48 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Three days in a row we have had a phone call from a withheld number at 8am. Never anyone there. Didn't bother me the last couple of days but today I was sound asleep dreaming of Terry Farrell

Sorry, I'll leave it a bit later tomorrow.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Three days in a row we have had a phone call from a withheld number at 8am. Never anyone there. Didn't bother me the last couple of days but today I was sound asleep dreaming of Terry Farrell

Had a phone call the other day showing Coatbridge as the location. Intrigued by the prospect of a chat about Albion Rovers' season, or the uniqueness of the local dialect, I answered this mystery call (I don't know anyone there and have never been to the place).

Imagine my disappointment to be speaking to an Oriental-sounding young lady who appeared to know nothing about either subject and who merely wanted to sign me to some phone contract. Hurt and offended at being duped in this way, I felt obliged to decline her kind offer. My loss, probably.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wetherspoons breakfasts, the plate is warmer than the food. 

Hardly surprising. Nobody wants to work for them because they're such c***s, so they only have one chef and he's in Birmingham. So by the time the food gets to you it's not as hot as it once was.

The council still requiring photo id to enter the recycling centre. Made a wee bit of sense when brought in last April (the neighbouring council's centres were still closed to prevent outsiders travelling to dispose of their lockdown shite) but absolutely pointless now.

Just makes the whole process slow and cumbersome.

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The former Clyde full back ?. Each to their own

4 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
4 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I thought it was maybe an autocorrect for perry farrell.

She is an actress in one of the Star Trek spin offs. I prefer to think of him dreaming of an obscure full back who played a handful of games for Clyde about 20 years ago

6 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Cans that don't have rung pulls. 

Back in the 60s my dad's generation would buy cans of lager which did not have ringpulls. You had a special tool that you used to punch a hole in the top. I've still got one in a drawer somewhere.

Anyway tins with ringpulls that come off easily meaning you have to fanny about with the tin opener.

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

8 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
8 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I thought it was maybe an autocorrect for perry farrell.

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

She is an actress in one of the Star Trek spin offs. I prefer to think of him dreaming of an obscure full back who played a handful of games for Clyde about 20 years ago

Terry was not afraid to make history, here she is exchanging saliva with Susanna Thompson.

See the source image

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Back in the 60s my dad's generation would buy cans of lager which did not have ringpulls. You had a special tool that you used to punch a hole in the top. I've still got one in a drawer somewhere.

Anyway tins with ringpulls that come off easily meaning you have to fanny about with the tin opener.

One of these?

557779_81_59733_a7zbyvfxR.jpg

There was a drawer full of them in my gran's house

Got on the wrong train at Falkirk after the game yesterday and ended up going back to Dundee via Glasgow. 

But the PTTGOMN was the gadgies in the carriage smoking dope with impunity and not a guard in sight. 

In fact I didn't see a guard for the entire day, four journeys, something like 3 and a half hours on various trains. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Two holes. One for supping one for air ingress.

Spoiler

I’ll leave this for someone else to follow up on.

25 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Got on the wrong train at Falkirk after the game yesterday and ended up going back to Dundee via Glasgow. 

But the PTTGOMN was the gadgies in the carriage smoking dope with impunity and not a guard in sight. 

In fact I didn't see a guard for the entire day, four journeys, something like 3 and a half hours on various trains. 

Hope they at least passed you the roach.