Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Really like those new contactless jet wash things. The ones in Fife are much cheaper than Edinburgh. £4 gets about 48hrs of hot, soapy fun. Not so good for the boy at the bay next to me when washing van last night. He was going full Basil Fawlty as the brush didn’t have any hot foam coming out. 

I got an RAC air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car. Cost £14 so I reckon it'll pay for itself in a couple of years. Trouble is it is very fiddly - at the weekend it just wouldn't switch on. Just as I was ready to Leigh Griffiths it, it came to life.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I got an RAC air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car. Cost £14 so I reckon it'll pay for itself in a couple of years. Trouble is it is very fiddly - at the weekend it just wouldn't switch on. Just as I was ready to Leigh Griffiths it, it came to life.

I've got a pump that came with the Renault I had years ago, but it's a bit gutless and seems to stop inflating once it gets to about 30psi. 

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Petrol stations that still charge for the use of their air pumps. 

Who the f**k still carries money? 

I was apoplectic to discover my local Sainsburys has started charging 30p for air (3 minutes). They've also started selling screenwash via pump for 50p but I'm not brave enough to venture into that, market yet. 

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

FUCKIN WHIT???!!!

Apparently pre mixed and works at any temperature for UK drivers. I'm intrigued and wary. 

Could you go to your local Sainsburys (if you could slum it, that is) and find out for me please? 

I am all for the change to contactless payments for air.

The increase in price to 50p is annoying though, and the suggestion from them that you are getting just as much value by getting 5 minutes instead of 2 is nonsense. Who is taking 5 mins to inflate their tyres? 😂

Love finding someone just in front of me when i go - can almost guarantee free air from the ridiculous amount of time left after they finish.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I am all for the change to contactless payments for air.

The increase in price to 50p is annoying though, and the suggestion from them that you are getting just as much value by getting 5 minutes instead of 2 is nonsense. Who is taking 5 mins to inflate their tyres? 😂

Have you never been to Perth?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Texting an underage pump thinking it was much older is an unusual tactic but glad it worked.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wheels 2.jpg