Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

27 minutes ago, red23 said:

People who know what week of the year it is

in meeting at work "i'm looking to have this project complete by week 39"

i seem to be the one who ever thinks "when in fucks name is that?"

That would be this week, would it not?

Much easier to say by 24th September, surely?

Just noticed that the calendar on my phone has the week numbers on it! :lol:

1 hour ago, red23 said:

My last job operated on week numbers, and the thing that mystified me was that we'd hit Week 52 and would try to roll over to Week 1, only to be told "no, make this one Week 53". We had a Week 54 once.

When I got back to work after lockdown, I'd no idea where we were in the business' year, so I asked a few different people in different departments (that hadn't been furloughed) and got three different answers. So, accuracy was clearly important.

6 hours ago, red23 said:

We're on financial week 27 or something...

Trying to work out why I've lost the ability to send text messages this morning. In the process, I've clicked the wrong thing on the Vodafone website, and I've actually turned off the ability to send/receive text messages.

Me being a fud isn't why I'm fuming though. It's that the option to turn text messages back on again is now greyed out, so I'll need to contact their customer support. Then, once texting is switched on again, I'll have to explain to them that, before I fucked this up, texting wasn't working for me anyway, and I guarantee it'll take an age to get them past "of course if wasn't, you turned it off, you fud".

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Trying to work out why I've lost the ability to send text messages this morning. In the process, I've clicked the wrong thing on the Vodafone website, and I've actually turned off the ability to send/receive text messages.

Me being a fud isn't why I'm fuming though. It's that the option to turn text messages back on again is now greyed out, so I'll need to contact their customer support. Then, once texting is switched on again, I'll have to explain to them that, before I fucked this up, texting wasn't working for me anyway, and I guarantee it'll take an age to get them past "of course if wasn't, you turned it off, you fud".

God forbid you might actually have to speak to somebody.

23 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Petrol stations that still charge for the use of their air pumps. 

Who the f**k still carries money? 

The air pumps at our local Tesco take contactless card payment. 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Wife birthday on Saturday. She dosnt want anything regardless of how many times I ask. Running out of ideas. Was tempted to just get nothing but that I know would be an own goal.

Wrap an empty box in fancy paper (with a bow if you're feeling lavish). That way she gets the pleasure of opening it while still going along with her wishes.

16 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Wife birthday on Saturday. She dosnt want anything regardless of how many times I ask. Running out of ideas. Was tempted to just get nothing but that I know would be an own goal.

Get her a voucher for this place............. Inner Balance Carnoustie. Women love all that shite.

Thank me later.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They like irons or hoovers. 

Weight watchers yearly subscription. First 3 months are free.  They love a bargain.

39 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They like irons or hoovers. 

21 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Weight watchers yearly subscription. First 3 months are free.  They love a bargain.

39 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Wrap an empty box in fancy paper (with a bow if you're feeling lavish). That way she gets the pleasure of opening it while still going along with her wishes.

Hard to imagine but the above suggestion beats the shit out of any of the previous ones quoted. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

The air pumps at our local Tesco take contactless card payment. 

Same in Inverness, the ones I've used in the last year or so all had a contactless option.