Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Empty It said:
21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
I barely drive my car 50 miles per month now due to my new job. I've just forked out £205 for a full service and MOT. 

Hope you've went and filled up with fuel with enough extra to fill your car 4 times just incase.

We have a fuel pump at the work. It's not what my car runs on but I only need it 50 miles a month - chance worth taking IMO. 

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Thrashings start at five, and require a gap of at least three goals. That's the law. You wouldn't say Cowdenbeath "thrashed" St Johnstone 5-4. Mainly because it would never happen, but also because of the scoreline being too close.

Does the margin have to increase as the scoreline goes up? Would 10-7 count as a thrashing, or is that just what would be administered to the goalkeepers at full time?

You don't have to tell me. Tell the BBC. A strongly worded email should do it. 

Edited by Trackdaybob
Fuckin phone

14 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

You don't have to tell me. Tell the BBC. A strongly worded email should do it. 

In fine P&B tradition, I shall share the strongly-worded missive, and the (no doubt) dismissive reply.

They used to start thrashings at six, didn't they? That's when the vidiprinter would spell it out.

Alloa Athletic 7 (SEVEN) Stirling Albion 0

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

In fine P&B tradition, I shall share the strongly-worded missive, and the (no doubt) dismissive reply.

They used to start thrashings at six, didn't they? That's when the vidiprinter would spell it out.

Could we get an example of one that actually happened, e.g. Celtic 9 (NINE) Aberdeen 0. Fortunately it was "only three points".

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Could we get an example of one that actually happened, e.g. Celtic 9 (NINE) Aberdeen 0. Fortunately it was "only three points".

Surprised they don't do things like 

Alloa Athletic 1 (ONE) Stirling Albion 0, as that's equally surprising.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

I seem to remember them starting at 7 (seven). Even your example is seven. Could be mistaken, it might have been 6 back in the day. 

But it shouldn't ever be 4. 

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It has never crossed my mind to use a vice. Always just fannied about and got given lines in metalwork, woodwork etc.

"Today we're doing Safety at Work and accident prevention. Has anyone seen that idiot boy Par... Well, we'll just carry on without him. I doubt he'll ever be in a job where he'll need this knowledge..."

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Frankly shocked at the ignorance about one of Scottish football's most iconic victories!

Celtic bodying Aberdeen used to be a pretty regular occurrence, as the Rangers (not The Rangers) fans used to constantly complain about.

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've heard that due to Brexit and a lack of lorry drivers there will be a shortage of charity bags. Luckily I have a supply I can share for a small sum... :whistle

Only if you donate the proceeds to charity.