Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
Might list a caravan I don't own in gumtree and tell any prospective buyers I've already taken a deposit so can't sell it to them

How much you wanting for the caravan?

Or the old favourite,what is your best price?

Well what i put in the advert is what i want.

I sold it at the price i asked last night and the guy picked it up this morning,i also sold my car this after for £1000 more than i paid for it 3 months ago.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Some moron on the news whining about having to leave his house on the Canary Islands because apparently it is the authorities' fault that he chose to live next to an active volcano and now has to run away when it erupted. 

What is so fucking wrong with the world that so many people adopt this bizarre sense of injustice? Why is it not trained out of them by ridicule and/or a truncheon in the face by society? 

That reminds me of an story i read online of a woman moaning about the road noise after she bought a house beside a road despite viewing the house 5 times!!!

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Caravan.gif.0cbb14b2cdccb2644cdef882130875d5.gif

Looks quite small, or is it just far away?

We had to stop the car the other day so Mrs could take a pic of some cows (pic below). “They look much smaller when they’re far away” she said with surprise after seeing them up close. 

75B3795B-DFC6-4FA0-95DC-07D1E0017090.jpeg

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Some moron on the news whining about having to leave his house on the Canary Islands because apparently it is the authorities' fault that he chose to live next to an active volcano and now has to run away when it erupted. 

What is so fucking wrong with the world that so many people adopt this bizarre sense of injustice? Why is it not trained out of them by ridicule and/or a truncheon in the face by society? 

Akin to those clownshoes living on the Somerset Levels who appear on TV every other year moaning that the government should do something about the fact that the reclaimed marshland they chose to buy property on has reverted to type and flooded.

Mates who spoke about how they will be "out every night" once lockdown is lifted, now lockdown is lifted they leave by 9pm on a friday night as they "have some work to do tomorrow"

Seems a lot harder getting people back in to going out for a few drinks again.

I sold it at the price i asked last night and the guy picked it up this morning,i also sold my car this after for £1000 more than i paid for it 3 months ago.
Car market absolutely bonkers at the moment, WBAC offering me 10% more then they were a week ago for my car and my wife's new car bought 7 months ago is worth more than we paid for it to WBAC.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Or the people that complained about the smell at Seafield despite the fact that they'd decided to live in a house next to the sewage treatment plant for a city of half a million people.

17 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Car market absolutely bonkers at the moment, WBAC offering me 10% more then they were a week ago for my car and my wife's new car bought 7 months ago is worth more than we paid for it to WBAC.

I sold my car to WBAC,they were brilliant to deal with i get my cash tomorrow.We don't need 2 cars and it saves me money as my wife cannot got to the shops and spend money on crap.

I sold my car to WBAC,they were brilliant to deal with i get my cash tomorrow.We don't need 2 cars and it saves me money as my wife cannot got to the shops and spend money on crap.
Good time to sell, a Cinch with WBAC. They've really changed their way of working in the last couple of years.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Good time to sell, a Cinch with WBAC. They've really changed their way of working in the last couple of years.

Yeah the woman who did the deal said my car will be on Cinch soon i will keep my eye out for it.

10 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 hours ago, keithgy said:

Treated myself to a golf GTi a couple of years back and managed to get a few £k off. Sold it at the start of this year and noticed in the garage the exact same spec/age is mine is up for sale at the same price I paid for mine brand new 2 years ago.

The microchip shortage is driving up the prices as it’s hard to get new some new cars.

10 hours ago, red23 said:

Mates who spoke about how they will be "out every night" once lockdown is lifted, now lockdown is lifted they leave by 9pm on a friday night as they "have some work to do tomorrow"

Seems a lot harder getting people back in to going out for a few drinks again.

maybe the time away from it made them realise how overrated going out and getting smashed actually is.