Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Tractors on A roads at the weekend.  They've got the whole working week to drive about shooting badgers or whatever it is they do.

As the old* saying goes: farmer's work is never done, unless there's a country show with a beer tent. 

*one minute old

Also, which idiot decided to call the outer lane the 'inner lane' and the lane closest to the central reservation (which is very clearly the innermost part of the road) the outer lane?

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Also, which idiot decided to call the outer lane the 'inner lane' and the lane closest to the central reservation (which is very clearly the innermost part of the road) the outer lane?

Also nearside and offside!! I used to get confused if nearside is near to the kerb, or near to the oncoming traffic?

I always refer to driver side and passenger side if asked what side of the car something is on.

19 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Grown men that call their parents mummy and daddy, jack Whitehall is a warmer.

My kids are 8, 5 and 1.  At the moment it's still mummy and daddy, but the eldest is starting to throw the odd mum and dad in to test the water. 

Doesn't bother me, but my wife keeps correcting her. 

My kids are 8, 5 and 1.  At the moment it's still mummy and daddy, but the eldest is starting to throw the odd mum and dad in to test the water. 
Wait a minute, is your wife telling your eight year-old that she should be saying "Mummy" not "Mum"?

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They're kids that's normal, but when you're nearly forty with a beard and saying daddy, daddy then yer for the watching

21 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Had a veggie burger for tea tonight and it was absolutely shite. A disgusting excuse for a burger patty. It was a “soya and wheat burger” made by Wicked. Only reason I bought it was because it was in the reduced section and thought I’d give it a go. Never again. I can’t bring myself to finish it and I’m still hungry so might need to head out and buy something else.

19 hours ago, GordonD said:

Make sure it's meat, to redress the balance.

I would have thought that was a given, quite frankly.

4 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Weird is watching strictly come dancing, dancing on Ice, EastEnders..... not how you pronounce certain words because that is how you were taught.

More adults watch those programs than walk around shouting nana papa like some three year old.