Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

The trainspotters themselves while leading sad and curious lives are themselves fairly harmless and don't irritate me too much.  What does irritate me is grown adults (not spotters) who wave at trains . "We're out for a walk in the countryside , oh look theres a train , let's wave at it " . 

I was over on the Isle of Man once, and the easiest way to get to the airport was to get one of those Thomas the Tank Engine-style trains that still run there. Folk were doing that waving thing all the way oblivious to the fact I had a stinking hangover and wasn't for waving back.

There's something about a steam train that seems to make folk think they're extras on The Railway Children,

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

The trainspotters themselves while leading sad and curious lives are themselves fairly harmless and don't irritate me too much.  What does irritate me is grown adults (not spotters) who wave at trains . "We're out for a walk in the countryside , oh look theres a train , let's wave at it " . 

Just wave back to them .(from the safety of the train ) 

AA724568-DDC2-48F3-BDED-D1786379B3DF.gif

Edited by Arthur daley

Other people sneezing. Not just because of Covid but because it sounds horrible. It's very unreasonable of course as it's involuntary but it really annoys me. 
As I get older the volume of my sneezes has increased significantly, reckon I could scare a few old dears to death in the next decade or so.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Foundry Loan STILL being shut, 6 weeks past due and then deciding to shut Tryst Road too.

Fucking seething wheres my Boghead Ranter at

Aye, I had a minor seethe at that myself this morning. It pushed even more feckless drivers into Muirhall Rd, which is as good as single track anyway, due to the amount of cars parked on it.

The company working on Foundry Loan must surely be being paid by the day as opposed to by the job, they're stringing it out to f**k. I even drove down as far as I could yesterday, just to nosey at how far along the job looks, and there's still a massive hole dug, like there has been since virtually the start.

I don't even know what the work is for!

On 14/09/2021 at 10:16, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Understaffed shops that dont know how to handle the order of customers. Went in to pick up the bairn's ipad which was needing repaired. The IT gimp was up to his nuts in a Samsung Galaxy but eventually looked up to see me standing there.  Started the process of me paying for the repair, phone rings, he picks it up and launches into telling some c**t about the "type of battery they would need for their XPD564 gaming laptop and that their ZX26CUNT motherboard would probably need a new FU9384 chipset.  How much? Well we could do it cheaper if you got a HDMI2766 raspberry cheesecake jailbreak pishflap...."

Haw, bawbag, you're serving me first you p***k.

Utter nonsense. 

I had something similar a couple of years ago when buying a car. Sat at the salesman's desk and his phone rings. 

"Excuse me a second sir"

He then has a 12 minute conversation with a customer who it turns out is coming in that afternoon to pick up their new car.  12 fucking minutes I was sat there like a fud while this gimp has a full blown after sales conversation on the phone with another customer.

A simple "Sorry I'm with a customer, I'll call you back after" should've happened but no. Was going to make a complaint but instead I was intentionally talking loudly as I left, including calling the salesman a fucking idiot in earshot of his colleagues.

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye, I had a minor seethe at that myself this morning. It pushed even more feckless drivers into Muirhall Rd, which is as good as single track anyway, due to the amount of cars parked on it.

The company working on Foundry Loan must surely be being paid by the day as opposed to by the job, they're stringing it out to f**k. I even drove down as far as I could yesterday, just to nosey at how far along the job looks, and there's still a massive hole dug, like there has been since virtually the start.

I don't even know what the work is for!

It was a drainage job. I walked past the other day. Where they have built what I assume is a new manhole in the trench, two brickies were building a lovely wee red brick wall. This wall will subsequently be buried under the road never to be seen again, but there they were.... Laying those bricks with care. 

Its been at the backfill stage for, I reckin at least two weeks. Honestly I have deleted the south end of Foundry Loan from my consciousness to protect my sanity. I now just pretend it never existed. 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I had something similar a couple of years ago when buying a car. Sat at the salesman's desk and his phone rings. 

"Excuse me a second sir"

He then has a 12 minute conversation with a customer who it turns out is coming in that afternoon to pick up their new car.  12 fucking minutes I was sat there like a fud while this gimp has a full blown after sales conversation on the phone with another customer.

A simple "Sorry I'm with a customer, I'll call you back after" should've happened but no. Was going to make a complaint but instead I was intentionally talking loudly as I left, including calling the salesman a fucking idiot in earshot of his colleagues.

Buy the car as well?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its been at the backfill stage for, I reckin at least two weeks. Honestly I have deleted the south end of Foundry Loan from my consciousness to protect my sanity. I now just pretend it never existed. 

When I was noseying the other day, there was still a mahoosive hole, so big it's got that metal device in it to stop the sides caving in, and there was a dude standing in it, he was shoulder deep. Probably one of your brickies.

It's an absolute pain in the stones for me.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

"Excuse me a second sir"

Arnold Clark Motorstore Inverness?