Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

First away trip with work in 18 months for an in-person meeting. It involved a pretty long drive so I left around 14.30pm to stay overnight. Either that or a hellishly early start in the morning, which I can be doing without.
Arrived and checked into hotel. After settling in, switched on my laptop to check my emails since I left early and find one sent at 16.32 saying they've cancelled the meeting, due to "uncertainty over numbers and coronavirus policies limiting attendance". 
An absolute fucking joke. Cancelling with just about zero notice for anyone travelling the night before, and then claiming coz Covid when the meeting organiser is aware of how many people can attend and therefore may limit invitees accordingly. That's before we delve into the capacity restraints when there are no legal restrictions any more as well. 
It's been rescheduled for next week, to be delivered via Teams. Fucking great! Maybe should've just had this one on Teams rather than acting the fucking goat. 

Calm doon and go for a pint ffs, some folk moan about anything nowadays

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

First away trip with work in 18 months for an in-person meeting. It involved a pretty long drive so I left around 14.30pm to stay overnight. Either that or a hellishly early start in the morning, which I can be doing without.

Arrived and checked into hotel. After settling in, switched on my laptop to check my emails since I left early and find one sent at 16.32 saying they've cancelled the meeting, due to "uncertainty over numbers and coronavirus policies limiting attendance". 

An absolute fucking joke. Cancelling with just about zero notice for anyone travelling the night before, and then claiming coz Covid when the meeting organiser is aware of how many people can attend and therefore may limit invitees accordingly. That's before we delve into the capacity restraints when there are no legal restrictions any more as well. 

It's been rescheduled for next week, to be delivered via Teams. Fucking great! Maybe should've just had this one on Teams rather than acting the fucking goat. 

Night to yourself in a hotel on expenses with no expectation of doing any work? Sounds awesome.

Aye, that's a "pretend you haven't read it yet and go out to get pished" scenario.

If expected back in work like normal the next day, phone off until 9am then, "aww, that's a wee shame, hardly worth me coming in today considering how late it'll be by the time I drive back".

On 10/09/2021 at 15:29, scottsdad said:

I've never shit in a hedge but have on a golf course. Diarrhoea struck when out walking the dog when I was a teenager. Had to use my own boxers and one of the flags to wipe my arse. 

Haud on, your dog's not a boxer is it?

Understaffed shops that dont know how to handle the order of customers. Went in to pick up the bairn's ipad which was needing repaired. The IT gimp was up to his nuts in a Samsung Galaxy but eventually looked up to see me standing there.  Started the process of me paying for the repair, phone rings, he picks it up and launches into telling some c**t about the "type of battery they would need for their XPD564 gaming laptop and that their ZX26CUNT motherboard would probably need a new FU9384 chipset.  How much? Well we could do it cheaper if you got a HDMI2766 raspberry cheesecake jailbreak pishflap...."

Haw, bawbag, you're serving me first you p***k.

Utter nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Understaffed shops that dont know how to handle the order of customers. Went in to pick up the bairn's ipad which was needing repaired. The IT gimp was up to his nuts in a Samsung Galaxy but eventually looked up to see me standing there.  Started the process of me paying for the repair, phone rings, he picks it up and launches into telling some c**t about the "type of battery they would need for their XPD564 gaming laptop and that their ZX26CUNT motherboard would probably need a new FU9384 chipset.  How much? Well we could do it cheaper if you got a HDMI2766 raspberry cheesecake jailbreak pishflap...."

Utter nonsense. 

It's a measure of your standing in the community that people who aren't there get served before you.

14 hours ago, just me 2 said:

Calm doon and go for a pint ffs, some folk moan about anything nowadays

14 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Night to yourself in a hotel on expenses with no expectation of doing any work? Sounds awesome.

Sounds great until you learn that Michael is actually staying in Middlesbrough or some other distinctly bleak English town. The inside of a Holiday Inn is far from awesome. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Utter nonsense. 

"Raspberry Cheesecake Jailbreak Pishflap". 

Underrated Beatles B side if you ask me. 

Ordered from a local restaurant via Deliveroo tonight. Was hungry as f**k after football and buzzing for it. Instead of my dinner, what arrived was a chocolate cake and what appeared to be some churros. The driver was long gone sadly. Phoned the restaurant and the kitchen was closed, leaving me with a credit to my Deliveroo account and no dinner. Seething, had to make something instead. 

Some poor guy awaiting his dessert obviously ended up with my food.

24 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Ordered from a local restaurant via Deliveroo tonight. Was hungry as f**k after football and buzzing for it. Instead of my dinner, what arrived was a chocolate cake and what appeared to be some churros. The driver was long gone sadly. Phoned the restaurant and the kitchen was closed, leaving me with a credit to my Deliveroo account and no dinner. Seething, had to make something instead. 

Some poor guy awaiting his dessert obviously ended up with my food.

What did you order?