Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Pisses me off when footballers gloat in front of opposition supporters after scoring, unless they have some reason. Fine in a derby or if the crowd have been giving them stick, but otherwise, why? Why not go to your own fans? It's worse if the scorer is from a big club and he's scored against a smaller club. Aye mate, cupping your ears like a bellend, you really showed that group of ordinary fans that are here to support their team.

What a load of twee pish. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

People who stand up incredibly early to get off a train. When coming into Aberdeen I've witnessed people go to the door when we've reached Cove ffs.

Seems to happen here too, a whole 5 minutes or so before we're due to arrive somewhere that you're hardly going to miss unless you're in a coma.

"Standing up at Cove", the North East equivalent of "Getting off at Haymarket"

52 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What a load of twee pish. 

You're the kind of roaster that salivates over 'shithousery'.

What you call twee, people not soaked in cynicism and bitterness call 'having respect for other human beings'. I know a lot of football fans aren't into that, though.

This thread is for petty things that get on your nerves. This is a petty thing that gets on my nerves. It doesn't get on your nerves. Move the f**k on.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

You're the kind of roaster that salivates over 'shithousery'.

What you call twee, people not soaked in cynicism and bitterness call 'having respect for other human beings'. I know a lot of football fans aren't into that, though.

This thread is for petty things that get on your nerves. This is a petty thing that gets on my nerves. It doesn't get on your nerves. Move the f**k on.

😂 Good grief man

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

20th September I will be down to 1 General waste bin. Meh be alright. Xmas just need to be smart 

You should try living in the utopia that is Falkirk. They have changed our bin collection dates again, and now all big bins get picked up every 4 weeks. 3 weeks in, I'm taking empty cans and bottles to the dump in a black bag, utterly defeating the point of having all these recycling bins. 

Half my street had their green bins out today - they don't get lifted for another fortnight. The council change the bin calendar all the time.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m in a fucking teams meeting with 3 Steve Ws. Utter nonsense.

f**k sake..

Last year I had two students in my class with the exact same name (including middle names). Making sure that the grades didn't get mixed up was a laborious chore. 

42 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Doesn't appear to shit himself, if anything he prolongs the winding up by running up the line to get more of a reaction and then celebrates with his team mates. Tremendous behaviour. Always enjoy seeing fans pretending to want to get on the pitch, being held back by a 3ft wall. On the odd occasion someone does go on, they always slow down in the hope of a steward appearing. 

This is one of my favourites in recent times, first of all the way he belts the ball in from a yard and then the celebration against a side about 20 levels below them. 

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

The thread is here for people to put what they think is a petty thing that annoys them up, but it's for the rest of us to decide whether than petty worry is valid or not. I would say the strength of opinion against you on this one only means one thing - PETTY THING DENIED, GORDON!

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Brilliant, how can folk watch that and not enjoy it? 

I remember Iain Russell scoring for Livingston against us down at the Rock - we'd been giving him it stinking because he's a diving b*****d but he popped in the winner and ran the length of the touch line doing the airplane in front of the home support. I was stood there absolutely frothing with seethe, it was brilliant. 

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

People who stand up incredibly early to get off a train. When coming into Aberdeen I've witnessed people go to the door when we've reached Cove ffs.

Seems to happen here too, a whole 5 minutes or so before we're due to arrive somewhere that you're hardly going to miss unless you're in a coma.

I've seen people on the Subway get up and stand at the doors before the doors have shut and the train's left the station. I've seen people do this over the past year and a half, when there's been at most four people on a carriage at a time.

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

People that get up and start queuing for the plane the second they're called. Last time I flew from Edinburgh I checked where the plane actually was when people lined up - it was over the Solway Firth !

The very first time we went on a foreign holiday was 1993. Dad had been to Spain in the 60s and it was mum's first time ever abroad. The tickets came through with the notice to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of the flight (which was at 9am). 

We showed up at 5.30 am "to be on the safe side". In the years since my folks have mellowed but always show up at least 2 hours beforehand.