Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Apparently there's a thing called National Boob Day, it was yesterday, and my favourite Scottish football forum run by a St Mirren fan didn't let me know.

Absolutely raging. This place has gone to the dogs.

8 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Currently waiting on getting an appointment with the dentists for a filling. The tooth has been getting gradually worse in this time, and now a whole section of it has just come away. Far from ideal.

Ach I'm sure Jason Leitch could do a homer for you.

Apparently there's a thing called National Boob Day, it was yesterday, and my favourite Scottish football forum run by a St Mirren fan didn't let me know.
Absolutely raging. This place has gone to the dogs.

Its National Boob Day apparently.
So when's National Moob Day? Eh? Eh?

Imagine not checking the RTBC thread for such a thing BFTD. It's not this site going to the dogs, it's your thought process that is.

12 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

"life hacks" shared online.

If you mean ones that are readily available without having to scroll through screens of shite before selling your soul then I don't mind them. If you mean" Life hacks" that are pure clickbait then I agree.

And if you want my life hack on how to lose weight using cling film click below

Spoiler

Wrap cling film around your mouth to stop food going in, you gullible fat cnut.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Imagine not checking the RTBC thread for such a thing BFTD. It's not this site going to the dogs, it's your thought process that is.

There's not much arguing with that.

I'm just upset that I wasted the one day a year where pictures of ladies breasts would be available on the internet.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's not much arguing with that.

I'm just upset that I wasted the one day a year where pictures of ladies breasts would be available on the internet.

It’s ok Dave, I think I managed to screenshot about 98% of them. I’ll print them out tomorrow and put them in the post.

Most of their fruit and veg is better than ASDA or Tesco imo. Sainsbury's is overpriced for what it is too. Decent cold meats, parmesan, wine, etc. I don't understand folk that turn their noses up at them; they're missing out (apart from the annoying trollies).
You can't get everything you get at the other big places, but I personally don't mind going into more than one supermarket in the week. It's not the biggest chore in the world.
Surely there's no-one that looks down on aldi and lidl anymore?

That was a thing for a while but it's been quite clear for years that their stuff stands up well in comparison - and you can generally save a fortune.

Anyone who thinks they're above these places is a fucking clown.

My only issue with Lidl is that for years any fresh veg I bought there invariably went rank within 24-48 hours of purchase. Not just a bit limp, but bordering on inedible and rotten. This doesn't happen with veg from Tesco, Asda, or Sainies, and as someone who couldn't care less about why specifically that is and only wants their veg to stay edible for more than one or two days, that's a pretty big negative and the sole reason why I now shop there only as a last resort.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

My only issue with Lidl is that for years any fresh veg I bought there invariably went rank within 24-48 hours of purchase. Not just a bit limp, but bordering on inedible and rotten. This doesn't happen with veg from Tesco, Asda, or Sainies, and as someone who couldn't care less about why specifically that is and only wants their veg to stay edible for more than one or two days, that's a pretty big negative and the sole reason why I now shop there only as a last resort.

Probably,   Tesco and them lot have fresher stock, or buy chemically sprayed, that give longer life.  You decide.

Or, just use your fruit and veg quicker.

My issue with Lidl and Aldi is you very rarely get everything you need in one visit, which means you've got to go through the whole palaver in another shop.  I  also get unreasonably annoyed at their policy of bare minimum staffing leading to queues and confusion - more than once I've dumped my basket and walked away because they have one till open, a huge queue and 5 staff having a blether in the aisle. 

Cold meat selection is ace though. 

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Surely there's no-one that looks down on aldi and lidl anymore?

That was a thing for a while but it's been quite clear for years that their stuff stands up well in comparison - and you can generally save a fortune.

Anyone who thinks they're above these places is a fucking clown.

The Lidl at Partick is underneath some flats, I bet the folk who live there often feel they are above it.

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Part of the Wiki description of a hobby is “a regular activity” so I’m not sure it would count.

Once every four years (like the World Cup) still counts as 'regular'.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

My issue with Lidl and Aldi is you very rarely get everything you need in one visit, which means you've got to go through the whole palaver in another shop.  I  also get unreasonably annoyed at their policy of bare minimum staffing leading to queues and confusion - more than once I've dumped my basket and walked away because they have one till open, a huge queue and 5 staff having a blether in the aisle. 

That's why I never go there.  I just cut out the middle man and go straight to Asda.  I know where everything is, and it's cheap enough and its all decent brand names.

Aye I've found this.

We go to aldi for a main shop, and tesco for the things that we don't like from aldi (fruit, butter).
Probably,   Tesco and them lot have fresher stock, or buy chemically sprayed, that give longer life.  You decide.
Or, just use your fruit and veg quicker.
This is probably true, but using it up quicker is easier said than done, especially when you're planning family meals.

I've found that with lidl but not with aldi. Infact, aldi staff are very quick at getting folk through (no messing at all). None of this 'let's have a wee chat' pish.

(actually i like that some places want staff to talk to their customers but for selfish reasons i don't want it holding me up)

I've got no issue with folk who don't like these places. Swings and roundabouts. It's the snobbish 'oh we don't shop there' attitude i find ridiculous.

The wife only drinks one kind of wine - Blossom Hill Strawberry and Lime. I can buy it in 2 places - Tesco, or the wee shop where it is double the price. 

Been trying to move her along to something more accessible for a while but no joy. SO I end up doing a weekly shop at Tesco and end up much poorer as a result.

On 02/08/2021 at 12:25, Hedgecutter said:

It's just desperate scrambling for an identity.  From across the Pennines, my step-dad is your stereotypical aging, racist but doesn't know it, Lancashire(man?) who plays along with the whole faux-rivaly with Yorkshire.  The two groups seem to be of the same mould imo (maybe not as much of the old racism to the east mind).

"You get better portions in Lancashire, you get proper sausages in Lancashire" etc etc.  Similar with Yorkshire from those I've met, except Yorkshiremen tend to add "we've got the best caves in Yorkshire, you need to go there for a proper cave".  They absolutely f***ing hate it when I tell them that I've been but prefer Mendip and make the extra effort to go down there instead.  You'd genuinely think I'd pished in their Yorkshire pudding.

Eta: FWIW, In my experience, Somerset folk are generally sounder c**ts who don't feel the need to shout about it.  Same with Bristol, imo.

And that's another thing...

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wife only drinks one kind of wine - Blossom Hill Strawberry and Lime. I can buy it in 2 places - Tesco, or the wee shop where it is double the price. 

Been trying to move her along to something more accessible for a while but no joy. SO I end up doing a weekly shop at Tesco and end up much poorer as a result.

Buy a box.