Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

I worked in a local cinema back in the late 70s. 

Filthiest behaviour I remember was some bloke engaging in an act of self pleasure.

Some folk were traumatised by Watership Down while others....

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Why do people pronounce lieutenant as Loo Tenant ?
It's fecking Left Tenant.
It even means to walk to the left of a senior officer ffs.

American isn't it? 

It is also spelled loo-tenant so that probably doesn't help. 

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

A brief is clearly the term you use for a pricey motor.

image.jpeg.03372260e1339ea34eb94366d500209b.jpeg

I hate the Cinch adverts on the radio at the moment.

"That'll be my lemon-pepper chicken"

"No, that'll be my tasty motah"

If I ever hear anyone referring to a car as a "motor", or far worse a "tasty motor", I will wish significant ill on them.

Edited by milton75

18 minutes ago, milton75 said:

If I ever hear anyone referring to a car as a "motor", or far worse a "tasty motor", I will wish significant ill on them.

That's no way to speak about Scottish football's brand ambassador.

image.jpeg.494927f69f3bb3f4bc02c060f025f47d.jpeg

People who seek out the cheapest thing of its type available, then complain when it doesn't have the service/features/performance of the best in class.

You wouldn't buy a Ford Fiesta then complain that it doesn't do 0-60 like a Lambourghini, so why book something no-frills then complain about the lack of frills?

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

People who seek out the cheapest thing of its type available, then complain when it doesn't have the service/features/performance of the best in class.

You wouldn't buy a Ford Fiesta then complain that it doesn't do 0-60 like a Lambourghini, so why book something no-frills then complain about the lack of frills?

My mum does that.

'Aww this laptop is shite'.  Well yes, it costs £200.

3 hours ago, milton75 said:

I like the idea of being able to try out a car for 2 weeks then hand it back for no charge. I presume there's a catch?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Irritating things your partner does" posts incoming, I guess?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

My mum does that.

'Aww this laptop is shite'.  Well yes, it costs £200.

In fairness, the one I'm using atm is fine, and cost £210. It is a chromebook, mind. Brilliant concept when you don't need too much grunt.

The media's attempts at ramming the Olympics down our throats.  Seems to be a never ending succession of interviews with the athletes' friends and family, probably because they're largely the only people that give a sh*t about it.

I think it's what feels like millions of categories for individual sports, especially ones that are fairly niche to particular parts of the world, that cheapens it for me. 

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The media's attempts at ramming the Olympics down our throats.  Seems to be a never ending succession of interviews with the athletes' friends and family, probably because they're largely the only people that give a sh*t about it.

I think it's what feels like millions of categories for individual sports, especially ones that are fairly niche to particular parts of the world, that cheapens it for me. 

The adverts are the worst. Treating athletes we never see like household named celebrities. 

On a separate note:  folk that lay glass bottles on the supermarket conveyor belt with the cap/base facing the chewing gum display (resulting in them all clinking together whenever the belt moves). 

Side by side with the caps or bases facing the till is the correct etiquette.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

On a separate note:  folk that lay glass bottles on the supermarket conveyor belt with the cap/base facing the chewing gum display (resulting in them all clinking together whenever the belt moves). 

Side by side with the caps or bases facing the till is the correct etiquette.

My local Sainsbury's has a little sign by the belt telling people to do this.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I generally think people who complain about the Olympics are dreadfully boring or ignorant - admittedly that's mainly due to people on here who seem to take it personally that sports besides football are shown on the TV for a few weeks once every few years - but something about the coverage this year is annoying me. There's an enthusiasm about it from the BBC which just seems insincere and wildly over the top I don't know if they're over-compensating out of some sense of shared national joy in response to the pandemic, or if it's just me resenting everyone the BBC employs to be on the telly, or if it's there being no fans which makes them all try too hard to say how great it all is, but I'm not into is this year in a way I have been before. 

It's not helped by all retired athletes being loathsome Tories.