Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Yep, the theatre staff came in and had to interrupt everybody to find whoever had an important call waiting for them.  Progress right enough.

I was going to the cinema far more before mobiles were invented and I can only remember that happening once.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I was going to the cinema far more before mobiles were invented and I can only remember that happening once.

Exactly. The "whit if there is an emergency?" line gets used anywhere mobiles are banned. Addicts!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I was only in the cinema once when the film was interrupted.  It was because Kennedy had been assassinated.  The film was stopped and everybody went home.  I was eight at the time so didn’t understand the enormity of the event.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I was only in the cinema once when the film was interrupted.  It was because Kennedy had been assassinated.  The film was stopped and everybody went home.  I was eight at the time so didn’t understand the enormity of the event.

Sounds suspiciously like you're trying to establish an alibi...

Didn't they used to project a message on the screen?

JIMMY GREEN - YOUR TEA'S READY - GET YOUR ARSE HOME!

As seen in the classic film 'Hellzapoppin' (Keep watching for the next minute or so)

Edited by GordonD

20 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

"You've listed your strengths as Accounting.....that's just job..."

That’s just your job isn’t it?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye King Kennedy of Pangea.

8 hours ago, milton75 said:

There's plenty in cinemas that expose the worst in humanity. Whoever first came up with the idea of selling popcorn, one of the noisiest foods, is a dick. Also, rather than have all these adverts asking people to switch off their phones, just make it a rule that if you keep talking to your pals or you take a call you are removed immediately. 1 strike and out would sort it out.

I would happily murder anyone using a phone during a film, or refusing to shut the f**k up.

I'd happily murder most people at the best of times TBH, but those c***s would get extra murdered.

Mrs NBB has just given a bit more detail - the popcorn cup was full (to the brim) of diarrhoea and was found in one of the loos, which was itself liberally covered in puke, inches deep around the pan, in the pan, over the cistern. The expert medical opinion of the staff was someone had been having an "event" where eruptions were occurring simultaneously from both ends. Going by the splatter patterns, they surmised he had been kneeling over the bowl holding the popcorn cup by his arse (there was even a spray of diarrhoea up the inside of the door).

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There was a pub in Aberdeen who installed some sort of signal blocking equipment in their walls (probably tin foil) so that the patrons would talk to one another and spend less rime on their phones. 

Yir phones ‘ll nae work cause o the wa’s o this jint

So spik tae each ither and sup yir fuckin pint(s).

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There was a pub in Aberdeen who installed some sort of signal blocking equipment in their walls (probably tin foil) so that the patrons would talk to one another and spend less rime on their phones. 

Was in a Sam Smith's pub in Manchester once that had guys walking around telling people off for using their phones. Nearly got chucked out for checking P&B while my pal was having a pish 

Talking of phones, at the end of one showing an irate gentleman demanded to see the manager as he wanted a refund. He'd felt the need to shite shortly after his film had started so left his wife in the auditorium whilst he went to the nearest loo - a disabled one by the door. Once in he'd let fly so to speak, before discovering there was no bog roll.  Now why he didn't use the sink or some other alternative I have no idea, instead he tried phoning his wife but her phone was switched off whilst she enjoyed the film. He sat there for an hour and a half until the film ended and she switched her phone on again. Now he'd been rescued, he wanted a refund on the basis he'd missed the film because my wife didn't put loo roll in the bog. 

28 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Was in a Sam Smith's pub in Manchester once that had guys walking around telling people off for using their phones. Nearly got chucked out for checking P&B while my pal was having a pish 

What you get for drinking near the Printworks bro

31 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Talking of phones, at the end of one showing an irate gentleman demanded to see the manager as he wanted a refund. He'd felt the need to shite shortly after his film had started so left his wife in the auditorium whilst he went to the nearest loo - a disabled one by the door. Once in he'd let fly so to speak, before discovering there was no bog roll.  Now why he didn't use the sink or some other alternative I have no idea, instead he tried phoning his wife but her phone was switched off whilst she enjoyed the film. He sat there for an hour and a half until the film ended and she switched her phone on again. Now he'd been rescued, he wanted a refund on the basis he'd missed the film because my wife didn't put loo roll in the bog. 

Tbf not having bog roll in the loos is super basic stuff and the fella is completely entitled to his refund imo. 

I used to work in a cinema too and I was totally fine with folk being messy b*****ds. Bear in  mind that the chap/chapette cleaning up has sat and watched a movie for free. Easiest job I ever had.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Mrs NBB has just given a bit more detail - the popcorn cup was full (to the brim) of diarrhoea and was found in one of the loos, which was itself liberally covered in puke, inches deep around the pan, in the pan, over the cistern. The expert medical opinion of the staff was someone had been having an "event" where eruptions were occurring simultaneously from both ends. Going by the splatter patterns, they surmised he had been kneeling over the bowl holding the popcorn cup by his arse (there was even a spray of diarrhoea up the inside of the door).

We've all been there