Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I see what you’re getting at but they were specifically arguing “30 or 31?”

Not enough people remember the excellent old rhyme, "thirty days hath September, April, June, and November...err...all the rest have thirty-one...except for February, which has twenty-eight, except on leap years...when it has twenty-nine for fun?"

Who could forget.

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

My wife used to manage the Cineworld in Falkirk and was always going on about just how filthy people can be. From pish running down between the seats to a jobby in a popcorn tub. 

My worst ever toilet story comes from that Cineworld, so that doesn't surprise me.

03d1e621-7462-4854-9581-cd790676e926_tex

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

My worst ever toilet story comes from that Cineworld, so that doesn't surprise me.

03d1e621-7462-4854-9581-cd790676e926_tex

Some of her stories would make you despair - including the cop who flashed his warrant card at her and demanded he be allowed to take his underage kid into a film. 

21 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Some of her stories would make you despair - including the cop who flashed his warrant card at her and demanded he be allowed to take his underage kid into a film. 

What was the film?

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm with you on this, but the worst of all must be cinemas. Everyone seems to leave shite everywhere. This is one of my top PTTGOYN, to the extent that it makes me wonder if democracy is such a good idea after all.

Summary execution for folk who dump their leftover popcorn on the floor.

There's plenty in cinemas that expose the worst in humanity. Whoever first came up with the idea of selling popcorn, one of the noisiest foods, is a dick. Also, rather than have all these adverts asking people to switch off their phones, just make it a rule that if you keep talking to your pals or you take a call you are removed immediately. 1 strike and out would sort it out.

They have the attitude to the age ratings all wrong. It shouldn't be about exposing youngsters to sex, violence, etc. It should be a guide on how old you need to be to understand what is happening and absorb it quietly. I sat behind a couple a few years ago who spend the entirety of a film asking each other what was going on. To the extent that they kept missing things and asking again. If a film is a U / PG / 12 /15 / 18 and you're too much of a moron to understand what happens in it you should only be allowed to go and see films of the next rating down, and so on until you're basically not allowed in.

ETA: film in question wasn't even some arthouse affair, it was a Marvel Superhero flick.

Edited by milton75

12 minutes ago, milton75 said:

There's plenty in cinemas that expose the worst in humanity. Whoever first came up with the idea of selling popcorn, one of the noisiest foods, is a dick. Also, rather than have all these adverts asking people to switch off their phones, just make it a rule that if you keep talking to your pals or you take a call you are removed immediately. 1 strike and out would sort it out.

They have the attitude to the age ratings all wrong. It shouldn't be about exposing youngsters to sex, violence, etc. It should be a guide on how old you need to be to understand what is happening and absorb it quietly. I sat behind a couple a few years ago who spend the entirety of a film asking each other what was going on. To the extent that they kept missing things and asking again. If a film is a U / PG / 12 /15 / 18 and you're too much of a moron to understand what happens in it you should only be allowed to go and see films of the next rating down, and so on until you're basically not allowed in.

ETA: film in question wasn't even some arthouse affair, it was a Marvel Superhero flick.

I don't necessarily disagree, but there are a couple of issues with what you're saying:

1) I read an article a few years back that essentially said that cinemas make very little money from selling tickets to films. Their profits almost entirely come from selling snacks. Popcorn is dirt cheap to make and sells for a big markup. It contributes a massive amount to profits (along with juice) and if it wasn't for that it'd cost a lot more to actually buy a ticket.

2) I get pissed off with folk on their phones as well but not sure how asking a bunch of 18-year olds on minimum wage to put themselves in a situation of chucking someone out would go down.

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post, though.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Warning at the door. People coped before mobile phones were invented.

Yep, the theatre staff came in and had to interrupt everybody to find whoever had an important call waiting for them.  Progress right enough.

I think it was Vice who completely made up a restaurant in London and got it to the top of review sites. Made it out like an exclusive place that was hard to get a seat for, whenever anyone phoned they would say it was full, they never cooked a meal but the reviews kept flowing in from people saying how cool and unique an experience it was. People lying about having a meal in a restaurant online to try and seem cool. I hate people. 

Is that the one where the picture of the venue was a shed or something?

Just seen 3 v 3 half court basketball in the Olympics, followed by skateboarding.

Ffs.

Skateboarding is a good addition IMO certainly better than half the posh sports that Team GB funds like Dressage or whatever.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Is that the one where the picture of the venue was a shed or something?

Aye, UTGTCP has linked to it below.

13 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

My wife used to manage the Cineworld in Falkirk and was always going on about just how filthy people can be. From pish running down between the seats to a jobby in a popcorn tub. 

What was the film?

No idea.

I think this is key tbf. Some movies, like 90s classic Con Air, have no wasted moments.