Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

59 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The use of the word "delicious" to describe anything other than food makes my skin crawl. Definitely in fashion on this fine forum, usually used as a dig at something/someone and it's horrible to read. 

This seething post.

58D95B51-36DD-44F5-BEFC-88FE861B636C.gif

On 24/07/2021 at 09:23, Shandon Par said:

Trip advisor is the worst review thing IMO. 

You could type in “best restaurant London” and it will bring up some b&b with sticky carpets and undercooked fry-ups but is great value at just £11 per night. 

As a qualified historian, reviews grate a bit. 

I think it was Vice who completely made up a restaurant in London and got it to the top of review sites. Made it out like an exclusive place that was hard to get a seat for, whenever anyone phoned they would say it was full, they never cooked a meal but the reviews kept flowing in from people saying how cool and unique an experience it was. People lying about having a meal in a restaurant online to try and seem cool. I hate people. 

14 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

People that don't flatten or fold boxes before putting them in the recycling bins. 

I could put this in the infuriating things your partner does thread.

My mother in law just started a conversation about how her hairdresser talks too much. “She’ll tell you her life story!” She laughs. 

25 minutes later and I am actually hearing this hairdressers life story from my mother in law. 

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

People that don't flatten or fold boxes before putting them in the recycling bins. 

I fold them only because otherwise they don’t fit. But often I burn them to avoid the effort. 

I despise the labour and time involved in recycling. 

Similarly, building a retail park, putting up signs telling folk not to litter, but failing to install a single rubbish bin.
Football grounds are ridiculously bad for this. For years it was like this at Palmerston but they recently placed some due to a supporters group financing them. I'd never chuck litter on the ground anywhere outside yet it's almost the norm to do it in football grounds.

3 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Yep.

3 hours ago, thomas said:

I could put this in the infuriating things your partner does thread.

Oh, absolutely.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

See also big Diet Coke plastic bottles going into the maroon (correct colour) plastics bin.

We only have the one (blue)* recycling bin, but the minimal effort involved in folding down plastic bottles (milk or pop) or boxes (yeah, we're a Hello fresh house and big Amazon users**) appears to be beyond all but one in our household. 

*Actually, Mrs WRK asked for, and was allotted, a second blue bin. I often let her and Rosette 4 fill both within four orf five days before demonstrating, within five minutes, that what theyve legged in will happily reside in the bottom third of one bin. Winds me right up. (and I have a feeling she knows it).

** I know, but living in the sticks a lot of shopping is online/mail order(is that even a thing anymore?), and occasionally Amazon use an appropriately-sized box. 

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Football grounds are ridiculously bad for this. For years it was like this at Palmerston but they recently placed some due to a supporters group financing them. I'd never chuck litter on the ground anywhere outside yet it's almost the norm to do it in football grounds.

Being the ballboy who was forced to sweep the stand after home games for no more pay (or pies) I would urge everyone to start binning your shite at the football. Especially at smaller clubs it'll be a volunteer (or forced labour) that has to pick it up, so save them some time and just bin your stuff on the way out. Oh, and see that shitey bit of chewing gum you've been gnawing on for 3 hours and finally had enough of, stick it anywhere but under the seat or on the floor, you horrid wee cretin (not aimed at you, 19QOS19, but manky c***s in general). 

56 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My mother in law just started a conversation about how her hairdresser talks too much. “She’ll tell you her life story!” She laughs. 

25 minutes later and I am actually hearing this hairdressers life story from my mother in law. 

Did you get your hair cut at the same time?