Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I find that most coffee shop staff get bewildered with the simple act of asking for a black coffee . I have plain black coffee no milk no sugar and started specifying in my order that I want it black due to the infuriating assumption that you automatically want it with milk or that u want it half empty so you can find your own milk to put in it . Even now most of the time when I ask for a black filter or black Americano the first line from them is " do you want milk in that " . No I f*cking don't, I want a coffee not a coffee flavoured milkshake. 

Correct. Feel like saying an Americano is a shot of espresso with some hot water. That is what I asked for. What makes you think I want anything else in it?

5 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

I find that most coffee shop staff get bewildered with the simple act of asking for a black coffee . I have plain black coffee no milk no sugar and started specifying in my order that I want it black due to the infuriating assumption that you automatically want it with milk or that u want it half empty so you can find your own milk to put in it . Even now most of the time when I ask for a black filter or black Americano the first line from them is " do you want milk in that " . No I f*cking don't, I want a coffee not a coffee flavoured milkshake. 

People who put milk and other assorted shite in their coffee are essentially weans who don't want a adult drink. 

Waiting on a delivery from USA. LANGLEY HWDC, Wales have had it since last Monday. wtf are the lazy b*****ds waiting for. Usual shite about unprecedented times. Just post the feckin' thing.

Langley, as in the HQ of the CIA? Ah well, I enjoyed your posts m9.

IMG_6352.jpg

People who put milk and other assorted shite in their coffee are essentially weans who don't want a adult drink. 
Are you including lattes or capuccinos in that? There's an absolute talent to making a beautiful coffee with hot milk.

That shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

(I've got too childish a pallete to enjoy coffee but i do like a nice tea (strong, with a spot of milk if you're asking))

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Are you including lattes or capuccinos in that? There's an absolute talent to making a beautiful coffee with hot milk.

That shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

(I've got too childish a pallete to enjoy coffee but i do like a nice tea (strong, with a spot of milk if you're asking))

Yes, including them all (this mainly might just be because I don't like milk).

Most people who leave reviews.

Very friendly staff who go over and above your expectations to make your stay perfect.

If the staff are so good, why have you scored them 7.5/10? If your stay was perfect why have you given the place 7/10?

There's still (some) value in reviews (of some categories of things), but taken individually they're dire.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Most people who leave reviews.

If the staff are so good, why have you scored them 7.5/10? If your stay was perfect why have you given the place 7/10?

There's still (some) value in reviews (of some categories of things), but taken individually they're dire.

I base my purchasing decisions on reviews, so my pttgomn is when people leave 5/5 reviews because something looks good out the box, or even worse, delivery was quick  They haven't used the product, so Im none the wiser as to its efficacy in keeping the rain off (buying a cycling rain jacket) or, say, keeping rhythm (looking for a metronome). 

Utter timewasting knobends.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

I base my purchasing decisions on reviews, so my pttgomn is when people leave 5/5 reviews because something looks good out the box, or even worse, delivery was quick  They haven't used the product, so Im none the wiser as to its efficacy in keeping the rain off (buying a cycling rain jacket) or, say, keeping rhythm (looking for a metronome). 

Utter timewasting knobends.

4/5?

Trip advisor is the worst review thing IMO. 

You could type in “best restaurant London” and it will bring up some b&b with sticky carpets and undercooked fry-ups but is great value at just £11 per night. 

As a qualified historian, reviews grate a bit.