Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Someone is doing roadworks in the village I stay now everyone has brown water coming from their taps, is there ever a time they don't make a complete c**t of it.

Happened in the East End of Glasgow but it was a week before anybody noticed.

Ok, what happened?
A long list of stuff: drugs, fighting, abuse of staff, et cetera. Had a go at the police too when they turned up.

Perhaps I've led a sheltered life these last few years but I'd forgotten that people can be so selfish, inconsiderate, rude and arrogant. Honestly don't understand how folk can look themselves in the mirror after acting like that, utterly shameless.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

A long list of stuff: drugs, fighting, abuse of staff, et cetera. Had a go at the police too when they turned up.

Perhaps I've led a sheltered life these last few years but I'd forgotten that people can be so selfish, inconsiderate, rude and arrogant. Honestly don't understand how folk can look themselves in the mirror after acting like that, utterly shameless.

Saturday night masses can be like that.

The beelivery advert.

2 women have a breakdown because there isn't any milk or butter, one woman holds up empty containers as evidence.

it's a fucking pity the c**t that put the empty containers back in the fridge didn't notice at the time.

When you phone a takeaway to make an order for collecting so that, by the time you drive or walk along your food is ready for you and you don't have to sit about for 15 minutes.... especially if it's something like a pizza which takes prep and cooking time or a large order for a few people..

...only for you to walk in after the 15 minutes or so since you phoned and they decide then to start cooking your order, they haven't even prepped it, never mind cooked it, rendering the whole point of the phone call to place the order so it's ready for you to collect, utterly pointless.

I have, on recollection walked out of a takeaway on at least one occasion when this has happened. 

Sub human scum 

48 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The beelivery advert.

2 women have a breakdown because there isn't any milk or butter, one woman holds up empty containers as evidence.

it's a fucking pity the c**t that put the empty containers back in the fridge didn't notice at the time.

I can’t believe there’s no butter.

Who told De Niro that Hereford is pronounced "Heerford" ?
An even bigger PTTGOMN is when American films/actors pronounce something like that incorrectly but have English/British actors who could easily correct that mistake in rehearsals or whatever but either don't or are ignored.

Agreed on yappy dugs. One of the neighbours has a Yorkshire terrier, and if he's at the window and someone walks past, he barks like f**k,  and he gets let out into the front garden where he barks even fucking more. 

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any dog that can fit in a handbag should be culled, or at least reclassified as vermin. 

Rule of thumb used to be a proper dog got in the way if standing in front of the telly. Doesn't really work with wall-mounting. I'll go with your definition for now. 

When you phone a takeaway to make an order for collecting so that, by the time you drive or walk along your food is ready for you and you don't have to sit about for 15 minutes.... especially if it's something like a pizza which takes prep and cooking time or a large order for a few people..
...only for you to walk in after the 15 minutes or so since you phoned and they decide then to start cooking your order, they haven't even prepped it, never mind cooked it, rendering the whole point of the phone call to place the order so it's ready for you to collect, utterly pointless.
I have, on recollection walked out of a takeaway on at least one occasion when this has happened. 
Sub human scum 

This happened to me on Saturday (30 minutes rather than 15, as that’s what I was told), I walked out & took my custom & another half hour of my time to another establishment.

15 minutes seems like a ludicrously short amount of time to wait for an order especially if it’s a weekend but that’s just from my experience of ordering from places which are usually swamped with orders

35 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

15 minutes seems like a ludicrously short amount of time to wait for an order especially if it’s a weekend but that’s just from my experience of ordering from places which are usually swamped with orders

I thought similar, but there's a legitimate gripe if the place tells you how long it'll be til your order is ready & then miss the deadline by miles.