Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

35 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

@Hedgecutter,  please identify this shop, so that I can blow it up.

E4utCJJWQAAsb6a.jpeg.jpg

I've got one of those signs on my decking but it's a nice classy Love Street one, my wife wants to surround it with tatty ones similar those but luckily she there is no chance of her hanging it up herself so it's been avoided for now.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

I've got one of those signs on my decking but it's a nice classy Love Street one, my wife wants to surround it with tatty ones similar those but luckily she there is no chance of her hanging it up herself so it's been avoided for now.

Aye, we've got 1 with 'Ranters, Est 2002' but those ones are just rage-inducingly horrendous.

57 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

@Hedgecutter,  please identify this shop, so that I can blow it up.

E4utCJJWQAAsb6a.jpeg.jpg

I've got a genuine Edinburgh one that I stole over 30 years ago as a teenager. Cast iron Victorian it weighs a ton. I've never known what to do with it and was always afraid to give it back to the Council in case I got nicked by the Polis.

Ok, who's been stealing letters from the thread titles? It is clever, but it's not funny. Put them back and no more will be said..
Eg. 
image.thumb.png.4fb26edd4a96bab9af5356306927ca55.png
Pretty sure Coronavir put Aberdeen out of Europe in the Nineties.

No idea what Blue Bear's on about, but I appreciate the word 'cuntress' being used in the title.

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. Is nobody else getting this weird disappearing letters thing and I've got some virus to deal with?

o j  t ou f om w a   c n se .

Helpful - Our washing machine helpfully beeps to let you know when it has finished its program. 
Annoying - If you open its door and start emptying the laundry out, it keeps on beeping.

It won’t start a program unless the door is properly closed, so it must have a sensor that lets it know whether the door is closed or not. Why hasn’t this sensor been incorporated into its “beep when you’re finished” functionality?

Edited by Funky Nosejob

1 minute ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Helpful - Our washing machine helpfully beeps to let you know when it has finished its program. 
Annoying - If you open its door and start emptying the laundry out, it keeps on beeping.

It won’t start a program unless the door is properly closed, so it must have a sensor that lets it know whether the door is closed or not. Why hasn’t this sensor been incorporated into its “beep when you’re finished” functionality?

If I’m still around when war breaks out between humans and machines, the first things  I’m going after will be the ones that beep.

Is there an on/off position on the dial, does it beep even when set to that when you open the door?

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
45 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Is there an on/off position on the dial, does it beep even when set to that when you open the door?

If you change the dial position, even to a different program, it does stop beeping. However, I tend to be doing several batches of laundry at a time, all using the same program. Moving the dial off and back to the desired program means it reverts to the default settings (temperature, time, spin speed) for that program. 

Going back to my original post, if you try to start a program when the door isn’t properly closed, it alerts you by beeping. So, not only is there definitely a sensor for the door being open or closed, it is already linked to the beeper mechanism.

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

Pretty sure Coronavir put Aberdeen out of Europe in the Nineties.

No idea what Blue Bear's on about, but I appreciate the word 'cuntress' being used in the title.

I'm a bit concerned about what perversion @Jacksgranda has got mixed up in..

image.png.7d5b8b85f9c949e2a30a9baf3f7190ce.png

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit concerned about what perversion @Jacksgranda has got mixed up in..

image.png.7d5b8b85f9c949e2a30a9baf3f7190ce.png

It will be some sort of add-on to your browser. You can probably scroll through “add and remove programmes” and look for recently added stuff you don’t know about/need.