Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The dentist's chair stemmed from England players going out on the piss in Hong Kong.

England played a Hong Kong Golden XI Select and only won 1-0 (Les Ferdinand).

I only mention this because ex Meadowbank player and Dunfermline and Sheffield Wednesday hero Lee Bullen played in the Hong Kong select.

John Watson, who scored against Meadowbank to secure Dunfermline the First Division title also played for that Hong Kong team. 

ETA - many years previously 

Edited by Peter Grant

Amazon adverts on TV and radio for Amazon Prime Day. Amazon Prime Day is where, they say, they're delivering two days of non-stop deals, on the 21st and 22nd of June. FFS, they even tell you in the adverts that Prime DAY is two days.

Just now, The Skelpit Lug said:

Amazon adverts on TV and radio for Amazon Prime Day. Amazon Prime Day is where, they say, they're delivering two days of non-stop deals, on the 21st and 22nd of June. FFS, they even tell you in the adverts that Prime DAY is two days.

But 2 is prime.

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

See also Black Friday Week.

On 17/06/2021 at 23:01, BFTD said:

Earlier this week, BBC and ITV both running cheery stories about Paul Gascoigne's goal celebration against Scotland with the same kind of what's-he-like-eh tone that they adopted 25 years ago.

It's common knowledge that the man's been drinking himself to death in the intervening years. Is it still not in poor taste to celebrate him sticking two fingers up to people who criticised his binge drinking while on duty with his national team?

I've always wondered whether, if he hadn't spent so much of the pre-tournament training camp drunk or hungover, he might have managed to stretch the extra centimetre needed to reach that cross ball against Germany. But alcoholism seems to be regarded as top bantz by some.

When I go to the shop I buy heavy duty bin liners with the draw strings, usually find the dearest ones are the best. When the good lady goes to the shop she buys the cheapest shitty bin bags that you can shoot peas through then decides not to empty a bin whilst using these bags so I have to deal with the fuckers bursting. Raging.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

When I go to the shop I buy heavy duty bin liners with the draw strings, usually find the dearest ones are the best. When the good lady goes to the shop she buys the cheapest shitty bin bags that you can shoot peas through then decides not to empty a bin whilst using these bags so I have to deal with the fuckers bursting. Raging.

Bin liners, sellotape (or equivalent), packing tape and masking tape.  All items where the cheap option will have you throwing things, swearing and having serious disagreements with your partner.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

^^^image.jpeg.a8b087b07910275e26b424399921bcac.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Bin liners, sellotape (or equivalent), packing tape and masking tape.  All items where the cheap option will have you throwing things, swearing and having serious disagreements with your partner.

See also johnnybags.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Also batteries.