Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 10/06/2021 at 22:45, Hedgecutter said:

How when you're driving northbound at the end of the M74, you have to hang left (west) to go east to Stirling.  Similarly, when you're driving from Broughty Ferry into Dundee city centre, you have to hang right (i.e. turn north) to go south over the Tay Bridge.  All very counterintuitive, and I don't like it.

This is a deliberate design ploy in order to limit the number of poor unfortunates who inadvertently find themselves headed to Fife through no fault of their own. This is why there is also a roundabout at the immediate far end of the bridge, i.e. to enable immediate 360's and a swift return to the 21st century.

Edited by Boo Khaki

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk who wait all of a minute from first meeting you to casually mention that they work for the NHS.

Vegans who work for the NHS must have internal conflict about which to mention first

On 10/06/2021 at 13:24, Thorongil said:

I cringe with anger and embarrassment at people who don’t use Apple Pay (or it’s inferior equivalents) when buying things in shops and petrol stations. 

Yet you took that time to add an unnecessary apostrophe?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thick cut stuff. Everything has to be fucking thick these days. Bread, crisps, bacon, sliced chicken for pieces.

Twats.

It's part of the rebranding of the UK to reflect the way it's all going.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thick cut stuff. Everything has to be fucking thick these days. Bread, crisps, bacon, sliced chicken for pieces.

Twats.

I'm with you here. Get all of that to f**k.

One of my mates told a lie (which is very small and meaningless but it's the principle). Last night it all blew up and rather than just say "right OK, I shouldn't have lied" they've not only doubled but trebled down. Invented a whole back story and in turn, pretended they were somewhere else whilst on the phone to me on Saturday. I was in their drive. I was literally on the phone to them looking at them through their window and now they've invented they were 20 minutes away on the phone. 

It's kept me up quite some time of the night wondering WTF they're all about. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

One of my mates told a lie (which is very small and meaningless but it's the principle). Last night it all blew up and rather than just say "right OK, I shouldn't have lied" they've not only doubled but trebled down. Invented a whole back story and in turn, pretended they were somewhere else whilst on the phone to me on Saturday. I was in their drive. I was literally on the phone to them looking at them through their window and now they've invented they were 20 minutes away on the phone. 

^^^Mates with 8mile/Magee/insert poster's name here.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I’ve got a mate who’s like this. Usually not completely made up lies, but every story has an element of truth that they wildly exaggerate and then absolutely double down on when pulled up on for it being ridiculous. Some of the stories are just mental that he thinks anyone believes them.