Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, steveffc said:
2 hours ago, 101 said:
Gordon Smart popping up on the Scotland HQ countdown show. No chance that GB news & former sun hack should be anywhere near the national team, last person we need associated with the team

Has he mentioned who his father in law is yet?,,,

The show is tomorrow, Leish is on I hope they aren't on together and I can't stand Smart. Is their connection why he gets the gigs rather than his "broadcasting"?

How when you're driving northbound at the end of the M74, you have to hang left (west) to go east to Stirling.  Similarly, when you're driving from Broughty Ferry into Dundee city centre, you have to hang right (i.e. turn north) to go south over the Tay Bridge.  All very counterintuitive, and I don't like it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How when you're driving northbound at the end of the M74, you have to hang left (west) to go east to Stirling.  Similarly, when you're driving from Broughty Ferry into Dundee city centre, you have to hang right (i.e. turn north) to go south over the Tay Bridge.  All very counterintuitive, and I don't like it.

Took me a while to get my head round the fact that when you drive north to Inverness on the Highland main line you arrive into Inverness from the north .

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I always end up driving round the circles a couple of times before convincing my brain that the signpost is indeed correct and that we are in a place where normal rules don’t apply. 

56 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Took me a while to get my head round the fact that when you drive north to Inverness on the Highland main line you arrive into Inverness from the north .

Similarly, when travelling by train from Inverness to Aberdeen (i.e. NW-SE) on a line on which each stop is progressively further east, you travel into Huntly station / cross the A96 in a NE-SW direction. It then keeps going more west than east for a good chunk of the Huntly-Insch section that's supposed to be taking you east (yet it's still light years faster than getting the bus)

Eta: the less said about the Inverness-Wick line beyond Tain, the better.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Similarly, when travelling by train from Inverness to Aberdeen (i.e. NW-SE) on a line on which each stop is progressively further east, you travel into Huntly station / cross the A96 in a NE-SW direction. It then keeps going more west than east for a good chunk of the Huntly-Insch section that's supposed to be taking you east (yet it's still light years faster than getting the bus

Eta: the less said about the Inverness-Wick line beyond Tain, the better.

That's a magical mystery tour! 

8 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

That's a magical mystery tour! 

I made the mistake of walking from Lairg station into Lairg.  Carrying a 20kg+ bag for 2 miles along a busy A-road (pre-NC500) with no pavements was not a particularly bright move.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I made the mistake of walking from Lairg station into Lairg.  Carrying a 20kg+ bag for 2 miles along a busy A-road (pre-NC500) with no pavements was not a particularly bright move.

Worth it to see the wee Wendy house in the middle of the loch tho no?!

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

To go from the Caribbean to the Pacific through the Panama canal you go East. 

Geography is broken 

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Worth it to see the wee Wendy house in the middle of the loch tho no?!

Lairg's only point of interest or redeeming feature. Seriously, why live there.