Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 07/06/2021 at 17:16, steveffc said:

Got a new tv at weekend in time for the Euros starting, great picture etc and should be a RTBC,, but it has no numbers on the volume, so don't know if I'm listening in an odd or even number,,, annoying me far more than it should tbh,

That would drive me mental. Anything that has a volume that I listen to has to, simply has to be on an even number. My wife loves me so much she now does the same. That, or she's as stupid as me.

I’ve just found this thread, and could be on here for days and not get to the end of things that drive me nuts. But I’ll do it gradually. If I’m going slightly over the speed limit in town, 35 in a 30mph or 24 in a 20mph say, and some bugger roars up behind me, I immediately slow down to the actual speed limit for as long as he, it’s always a he, is behind me.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just found this thread, and could be on here for days and not get to the end of things that drive me nuts. But I’ll do it gradually. If I’m going slightly over the speed limit in town, 35 in a 30mph or 24 in a 20mph say, and some bugger roars up behind me, I immediately slow down to the actual speed limit for as long as he, it’s always a he, is behind me.

Shouldn't that be 36mph in a 30 zone?  

56 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

People who speed in 30 and 20mph zones are arseholes, mate.

Pleasing that one arsehole speeding is getting pissed off with another arsehole speeding tbh.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Pleasing that one arsehole speeding is getting pissed off with another arsehole speeding tbh.

I’m glad that you always stick exactly to the speed limit. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I’m glad that you always stick exactly to the speed limit. Give yourself a pat on the back.
I expect sometimes I'll unintentionally go over but I wouldn't be complaining about folk speeding behind me if I'm doing the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I expect sometimes I'll unintentionally go over but I wouldn't be complaining about folk speeding behind me if I'm doing the exact same thing.

👍