Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 hours ago, steveffc said:

Got a new tv at weekend in time for the Euros starting, great picture etc and should be a RTBC,, but it has no numbers on the volume, so don't know if I'm listening in an odd or even number,,, annoying me far more than it should tbh,

I have to ask - why does it matter? Is it some kind of OCD thing?  Don't the volume numbers show on the screen? Can you ears distinguish odd and even volume - mine can't?  Should they be able to?

I know it's the PTTGOYN thread but I'm intrigued.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I have to ask - why does it matter? Is it some kind of OCD thing?  Don't the volume numbers show on the screen? Can you ears distinguish odd and even volume - mine can't?  Should they be able to?

He wants to turn it up to eleven

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's the perfect example of OFTW behaviour. Mrs B is terrible for this, even to the point where she thinks I put it on an odd number deliberately. She and the rest of you who do it need your heid looked at.

22 hours ago, steveffc said:

Got a new tv at weekend in time for the Euros starting, great picture etc and should be a RTBC,, but it has no numbers on the volume, so don't know if I'm listening in an odd or even number,,, annoying me far more than it should tbh,

Press the volume button. When the sliding bar appears in the telly, mark the screen with a felt pen...2, 4, 6, 8, 10. As high as you like. The numbers will then be available for future.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Press the volume button. When the sliding bar appears in the telly, mark the screen with a felt pen...2, 4, 6, 8, 10. As high as you like. The numbers will then be available for future.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0d9c38d49943f2a3207a558cf337408.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

f**k sake there’s no escape.

B8F65E9B-AFFA-4BA1-87F2-414C82252842.jpeg

He’s spending the platinum memberships on Scotland T-shirts and hanging baskets now? Step down from hot tubs and champagne, times must be tough.

Edited by Jambomo

Co-commentators saying "Good evening" to the lead commentator the first time they speak during a game, as if they've just walked into the room and are speaking to them for the first time.

It's annoying enough, but it's just happened in the Scotland-Netherlands hockey match, where the commentators are actually married to each other, and greeted each other as if they haven't spoken for weeks.*

*I accept some married couples won't have spoken for weeks, but these two have been commentating together for multiple matches this week.

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Co-commentators saying "Good evening" to the lead commentator the first time they speak during a game, as if they've just walked into the room and are speaking to them for the first time.

It's annoying enough, but it's just happened in the Scotland-Netherlands hockey match, where the commentators are actually married to each other, and greeted each other as if they haven't spoken for weeks.*

*I accept some married couples won't have spoken for weeks, but these two have been commentating together for multiple matches this week.

David Pleat was one for saying 'Good evening everyone' at the start of England games years ago whenever he was introduced by the main commentator. Always thought it was a nice touch. Your version is clearly OFTW behaviour, though.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

David Pleat was one for saying 'Good evening everyone' at the start of England games years ago whenever he was introduced by the main commentator. Always thought it was a nice touch. Your version is clearly OFTW behaviour, though.

"Good evening everyone" is fine.

There's no need for them to say good evening on air for the person they've clearly been prepping with for the previous hour or so. Or living with for the last 10 years in this evening's case.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Ray Wilkins did it as well on Football Italia. Always liked it