Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
32 minutes ago, red23 said:
I can't reply to all the posters here but can't believe the comments just from telling facts. it was a 30 year mortgage on 80k i paid 10% deposit was lent 5 x my wage but as i was lending so much it had an interest rate of over 6%. it's not rocket science. 
End of the day folk should learn to make tight budgets work, only way i managed to do it was by living on fairy cheap food. There were zero handouts, seeing a lot of bitterness on this thread on something factual. which yes, suggests, why bother.
Maybe don't have kids when you can't afford them too eh?

"Zero handouts" you were literally living with your parents.

You never stayed with your parents at all then did you? 🤣

Pretty sure we've ALL had that "handout"

2 hours ago, red23 said:

while mates are having parties and girls rounds to theirs in 1st year of uni while im at home with my folks having a go at me for coming in hammered? aye i'd say its a sacrifice

Your parents had a go at you for being a teenager? 

No danger you went to any parties btw. 

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Where does the line get drawn? If someone only has a half full trolley, do they get precedence over a full one?

I've never understood the seethe over the person who arrives at the till first getting served first

It's common courteousy to offer someone to go ahead (though should also be declined) but the idea that it's some sort of obligation is ridiculous. Least of all when you're trying to use your child as some sort of leverage in the situation, as if the rest of the world is responsible for your gubbins childcare arrangements. Back of the fucking queue you go. 

You never stayed with your parents at all then did you? [emoji1787]

Most people did have that handout but most people don't brag about having no handouts whilst their parents funded their lives.

11 hours ago, red23 said:

You never stayed with your parents at all then did you? 🤣

When I was a child. Not when in higher education or a FT job. 

They raise you for 18 years and hope for a bit of peace and quiet and have to put up with some friendless virgin moping about for years after. 

23 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Haud the fuckin bus, Stormzy.  Auld dearies?! I may have just had my first vaccine jag, but that's fighting talk. 

Messages is and always will be an acceptable term for the shopping. 

You mean "the messages".

On 22/05/2021 at 23:28, weirdcal said:
On 22/05/2021 at 20:55, Hampden Diehard said:
You mean "the messages".

From tescos or asdas?

Ah, the misplaced pluralisation. Remember Spitting Images?

On supermarkets, I knew someone who used to say "Food Giants" when it was a thing.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ah, the misplaced pluralisation. Remember Spitting Images?

On supermarkets, I knew someone who used to say "Food Giants" when it was a thing.

I always thought it was possessive not plural, like Sainsbury's. I was going to say like Morrison's too but they don't have an apostrophe so there must be a few Morrison c***s. Maybe one in each shop? 

Several months ago a credit card I used for online purchases, interest free period expired, so I paid the outstanding balance of around £130 and closed the account.  I then received a letter from MBNA informing me that I owe them 49p in interest and they're looking to reclaim the debt.  I phoned to pay them their 49p, but couldn't pass security as I no longer have the card, didn't know the limit and I deleted the app with my login details etc saved.  I spent an hour on the phone being passed from one department to another, all of which were trying to get me to re-open my account.  After explaining to about 5 or 6 different people that all I wanted to do was pay the 49p, someone eventually decided to write off the 'debt'.  It makes me wonder how much time was actually spent on their part trying to recuperate this massive debt.

Several months ago a credit card I used for online purchases, interest free period expired, so I paid the outstanding balance of around £130 and closed the account.  I then received a letter from MBNA informing me that I owe them 49p in interest and they're looking to reclaim the debt.  I phoned to pay them their 49p, but couldn't pass security as I no longer have the card, didn't know the limit and I deleted the app with my login details etc saved.  I spent an hour on the phone being passed from one department to another, all of which were trying to get me to re-open my account.  After explaining to about 5 or 6 different people that all I wanted to do was pay the 49p, someone eventually decided to write off the 'debt'.  It makes me wonder how much time was actually spent on their part trying to recuperate this massive debt.
It would have cost them that to send the fucking letter.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Ordering takeaways via online ordering apps - get quoted 60-90 minutes for delivery. Then plan things around it being delivered at that time, having a shower etc.

Then the fucker turns up 25 minutes later.

Only OFTW complain about takeaways turning up early IMO.