Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If you only have one item, why have you picked the queue behind the guy with the full trolley?

It was Aldi.  They were all busy. 

This. It's probably Aldi/Lidl's system that should be the PTTGOYN but the point is valid.

Where does the line get drawn? If someone only has a half full trolley, do they get precedence over a full one?
I've never understood the seethe over the person who arrives at the till first getting served first

No, because they're going to be there for a while if they have half a trolley full. A person with one thing can get it scanned and be gone in the time it takes folk to put their trolley load up.

9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naah.... You haven't lived until you've had cornflakes with Guinness instead of milk.

I'd have never believed anyone would actually do that till I saw it with my own eyes. Was on a works weekend up at Aviemore and one of the guys - big chunky monkey from Govan - came through with a bowl of cornflakes. Another guy told him there wasn't any milk so he'd probably need to go down to the shops.

"f**k that."  Big man sparked a can of Tartan Special and poured it into the bowl.

24 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Is there an issue with "messages"?

It's a particularly sensitive issue on here but I'm not a fan of the terminology. I don't want to relive that time in my PnB life though. Out of all the arguments I've made I never thought that would be the one to receive such scorn over. 

Ah here now come on. You are going easy on him cos he supports the same team as you. Unacceptable. Get into the tiny handed posh b*****d

It's a particularly sensitive issue on here but I'm not a fan of the terminology. I don't want to relive that time in my PnB life though. Out of all the arguments I've made I never thought that would be the one to receive such scorn over. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ah here now come on. You are going easy on him cos he supports the same team as you. Unacceptable. Get into the tiny handed posh b*****d

I've got too many enemies on too many fronts. I'm happy to squash any potential battles in the General Nonsense section of the board over "messages". I concede and withdraw all my previous support. 

The reason I initially brought it up was because a certain trader of sorts was delivering some herbs to me and had said he was going to drop off "the messages" I thought he was overdoing it trying to use some cool code or something then came to discover it was what the auld dearies called their shopping...

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've got too many enemies on too many fronts. I'm happy to squash any potential battles in the General Nonsense section of the board over "messages". I concede and withdraw all my previous support. 

The reason I initially brought it up was because a certain trader of sorts was delivering some herbs to me and had said he was going to drop off "the messages" I thought he was overdoing it trying to use some cool code or something then came to discover it was what the auld dearies called their shopping...

Haud the fuckin bus, Stormzy.  Auld dearies?! I may have just had my first vaccine jag, but that's fighting talk. 

Messages is and always will be an acceptable term for the shopping. 

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Haud the fuckin bus, Stormzy.  Auld dearies?! I may have just had my first vaccine jag, but that's fighting talk. 

Messages is and always will be an acceptable term for the shopping. 

Spot on, indeed I was down Fine Fare getting my messages earlier today 

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

"sacrifice" :lol:

while mates are having parties and girls rounds to theirs in 1st year of uni while im at home with my folks having a go at me for coming in hammered? aye i'd say its a sacrifice

6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

His figures are blatantly made up. Which makes me wonder; why bother?

I can't reply to all the posters here but can't believe the comments just from telling facts. it was a 30 year mortgage on 80k i paid 10% deposit was lent 5 x my wage but as i was lending so much it had an interest rate of over 6%. it's not rocket science. 

End of the day folk should learn to make tight budgets work, only way i managed to do it was by living on fairy cheap food. There were zero handouts, seeing a lot of bitterness on this thread on something factual. which yes, suggests, why bother.

Maybe don't have kids when you can't afford them too eh?

Edited by red23

One of my mates at uni blew 3/4 of his loan on a ridiculous pair of designer trousers and the rest on a t shirt by the same guy. 

I was sensible and bought a 12 string semi acoustic and a four track demo machine and still had enough left over for an ounce of red leb and a slab of tennents. If only everyone had their head screwed on like me. 

I can't reply to all the posters here but can't believe the comments just from telling facts. it was a 30 year mortgage on 80k i paid 10% deposit was lent 5 x my wage but as i was lending so much it had an interest rate of over 6%. it's not rocket science. 
End of the day folk should learn to make tight budgets work, only way i managed to do it was by living on fairy cheap food. There were zero handouts, seeing a lot of bitterness on this thread on something factual. which yes, suggests, why bother.
Maybe don't have kids when you can't afford them too eh?
"Zero handouts" you were literally living with your parents.

51 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I used to work in Fine Fare.

Nearly got my end away with my supervisor Lorraine round the back of the tatties one evening.

Couldn't perform- there were too many eyes watching

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I just happened to have wandered into the last few pages and one can only assume that red23 must have taken a few head shots from the polis in George Square.

I have a vision of him looking like Norbert Colon from Viz