Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

56 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You're definitely old enough to get away with it, if your younger relatives call them "messages" get them telt. 

I've only ever heard "messages" in Scotland and ironically it sounds like something the yanks would say. What does it actually mean? Your food shopping is actually a form of communication??

It's absurd.

In fact, here you go

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/scottish-word-day-messages-1613379%3famp

Screenshot_20210519-102613_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Society has moved on and that word should be left in the past. 

I can't stress enough it just sounds weird. It's not fetch, it's not cool. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Society has moved on and that word should be left in the past. 

I can't stress enough it just sounds weird. It's not fetch, it's not cool. 

Fair fucks mate, you're entitled to.your opinion. Language doesn't really work like that though. If people use it, it will remain in use. I'd rather a bit of variety than some homogenous standard dialect where everyone sounds the same and says the same old stuff. 

This must have been done on here before but people who just pull their face masks down under their chin when they don't need to wear it. Apart from it looking utterly ridiculous it's the height of laziness, either wear it or take it off don't have it half way. Triggered by seeing a family of fatties waddle out of a cafe every one of them adults and children gasping for air with mask elastic cutting into their various girths of neck, then seeing an old biddy sitting eating her dinner with one pulled down under her chin. This behaviour isn't normal, new normal old normal or any kind of normal so when you don't need to legally wear one it should be taken as far the f*ck away from your face as possible.
Reading this while sitting having a coffee, watching a girl (30ish, wid) who is eating a breakfast with her surgical type mask hanging off her left ear like the shittest earring ever.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
15 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
This must have been done on here before but people who just pull their face masks down under their chin when they don't need to wear it. Apart from it looking utterly ridiculous it's the height of laziness, either wear it or take it off don't have it half way. Triggered by seeing a family of fatties waddle out of a cafe every one of them adults and children gasping for air with mask elastic cutting into their various girths of neck, then seeing an old biddy sitting eating her dinner with one pulled down under her chin. This behaviour isn't normal, new normal old normal or any kind of normal so when you don't need to legally wear one it should be taken as far the f*ck away from your face as possible.

Reading this while sitting having a coffee, watching a girl (30ish, wid) who is eating a breakfast with her surgical type mask hanging off her left ear like the shittest earring ever.

Stalker alert!

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Stalker alert!

I'm only providing answers to questions that people will want to know.

Aye, but what about the pics...

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The notion of paying money for a dog when there are no doubt thousands of them in kennels/shelters up and down the country is abhorrent. The notion of having a certain kind because it's valuable is unthinkable. It's a pet, not an investment.

For too many, it's a fashion statement or status symbol. My boy (Casper, occasionally appearing on Show us Yer Dogs!) is a mutt - half Cocker (mum) and half Lab (Dad). Mrs WRK insists he's a Spanador. Fucking spanner, more like - but his idiocy is part of his charm, as is his friendly nature and the fact that he will withstand dog's abuse (see what I did there?) from the grandkids. 

You'll notice that those on the SUYD thread hve got their wee (and not so wee) mates from a variety of sources, but rarely if ever from some breeder charging top dollar. Which is good - it's always good to pop in there for a smile on a grey day. Shout outs to Skye, Morse, and Rosie the Dog!

Oh, aye - and Renton, the pussywhipped hound.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Again, it was given to kids and maids who were perhaps rather lacking in intelligence so it would be easier to give them the note and ask them to give a message to the shop staff.  

Which fits in with the current conversation you're having.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Which fits in with the current conversation you're having.

Aye.  To be fair,  I don't really disagree with the idea that some words should be left where they belong in the past but as long as folk keep using the word it must be worth having.  

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Aye.  To be fair,  I don't really disagree with the idea that some words should be left where they belong in the past but as long as folk keep using the word it must be worth having.  

I meant your conversation partner.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Cats are getting the same way now. You weren't able to give them away, now they cost a fortune.

Funnily enough, the wife and son came home an hour ago with a ginger kitten, about 6 weeks old.  Not far from our place there is a small river and wood which is a popular dumping ground for kittens here.  We've rescued 6 or 7 from there - today there were 3 but they only took the one.  I'm a real softy when it comes to kittens/cats so I'd have got all 3 of them.  Still might if we walk over that way later.  

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Go on then. How DOES time work?  Try and keep it brief and simple for me. 

In reverse apparently - my post was 1st and answered his question yet I need the lecture on time!  

41 minutes ago, mathematics said:

You cut us, you cut us real deep.

9BDBE65C-B5F0-4390-BC43-4EB88B87EA63.jpeg

Apologies for missing out the most impressive facial hair since Mrs WRK!* A wee fella, if I recall correctly, but the name escapes me.

*She never reads P&B, so I'm safe.

I was pretty hammered when we agreed to get a dog but IIRC he was about £400. His younger siblings and step-siblings are now going for £1200 (four years later). 

You could lower that price considerably by making it known that dear auld Rents is thicker than a submarine door