Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 13/05/2021 at 22:37, candalan said:

been watching ITV hub, and theres mair adverts than on live tv, ffs, 5 mins prog followd by 3mins ads, f$£k I totally hate ALL ads. Rant over!

I was watching one of those eternal repeats channels and every advert showed starving kids, tortured donkeys or old people on mobility scooters. I was suicidal after thirty minutes.

On 10/05/2021 at 17:29, DiegoDiego said:
On 10/05/2021 at 14:22, jimbaxters said:
PTTGOYN
People who stand in a queue for a while then have to rassle in their pockets/bag for the money when it’s their turn. Happened to me yesterday at a ferry ticket office. The two young ladies in front of me waited until they heard the price then tried to find their purse. 
Lucky for them they were wids.

Similarly to this, folk who block doorways while trying to find their mask.

Or plonk their messages on the conveyor belt at the checkout and them shoot off to find something they've forgotten.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I was watching one of those eternal repeats channels and every advert showed starving kids, tortured donkeys or old people on mobility scooters. I was suicidal after thirty minutes.

Don't do it until you've taken out a plan that will avoid your family having to pay for your funeral.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Or plonk their messages on the conveyor belt at the checkout and them shoot off to find something they've forgotten.

Or who don't bother to put the 'Next Customer' divider in place. I'm always tempted to put my messages right next to theirs but it's not worth the hassle as they try to sort out the payment mess.

Or who don't bother to put the 'Next Customer' divider in place. I'm always tempted to put my messages right next to theirs but it's not worth the hassle as they try to sort out the payment mess.
I've noticed a rise in this despicable behaviour recently. I don't know if it's because people are wanting to have contact with less objects now or it's because I've started using manned tills more often but it is indeed infuriating.

How come when a tabloid or right wing rag has a picture of some famous/privileged bint's kid(s) or newborn baby that the picture is always "sweet" or "adorable" ??  Equally, if said famous/privileged bint is showing off photos on their social media accounts, the papers print the photos and tell the readers that they're "showcasing" their clothes/figure/promotions.  They can GTF.

#cull"celebrities" 

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I don't regard that as a rule, it's a thing some people seem to be annoyed about but I don't understand why. If there's no-one behind you, why would you put the divider up? IMO it's for the customer joining the queue to put the divder up.

A couple of examples at the weekend reminded me of something that bugs me. When a shot hits the post or bar many commentators and pundits like to emote over how unlucky it was. Unless a freak gust of wind took it away, it's not unlucky. It's a miss. It's a very close miss and it might have been a very good attempt, but it's still a miss. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Do they think footballers just hoof the ball towards the goal and hope for the best? Wait... 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't regard that as a rule, it's a thing some people seem to be annoyed about but I don't understand why. If there's no-one behind you, why would you put the divider up? IMO it's for the customer joining the queue to put the divder up.

Because a lot of the time you can't reach the divider without stretching across the punter in front's messages whereas that person is presumably standing at the front of the array and can easily get to it.

Oh Christ no Gordon. I expected better from you.

The divider should always be put up by the person who's just put their messages up, as a courtesy for the next person in the queue.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Because a lot of the time you can't reach the divider without stretching across the punter in front's messages whereas that person is presumably standing at the front of the array and can easily get to it.

How high do the folk at your supermarket pile their shopping?

I'll put the divider down if there's someone in the queue behind me, but otherwise I don't see the point.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Oh Christ no Gordon. I expected better from you.

The divider should always be put up by the person who's just put their messages up, as a courtesy for the next person in the queue.

I will if there's someone behind me, but folk seem to get cross if they turn up and the divider's not already down. I don't understand that.

46 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How high do the folk at your supermarket pile their shopping?

I'll put the divider down if there's someone in the queue behind me, but otherwise I don't see the point.

It's not the height, it's the area. If their messages stretch several feet back, and the divider is at the front, it's not easy to get at.

<gratuitous insult>
I suppose being a Lithgow supporter you're not used to people being behind you in a queue. 😄
</gratuitous insult>

BTW do you know the Tierneys at the Rose?