Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 08/05/2021 at 09:32, Stormzy said:

Being woken up at this time by a neighbours lawnmower. 

What time do the people of PnB find acceptable to start doing the garden at the weekend? I'd say after 10 at least. 

Easily 830am.

If clowns can walk on the road banging drums and playing whistles earlier, I can cut my grass. 

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Easily 830am.

If clowns can walk on the road banging drums and playing whistles earlier, I can cut my grass. 

Thankfully nobody bangs drums or whistles where I live at any point ever. 

8.30 on a Sunday too? 

11 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

8.30 on a Sunday too? 

Where I am no outside work is allowed on a Sunday at any time - You cannot even paint your fence .

I accidentally clicked to be notified of all replies to the Covid thread yesterday. I didn't know I'd done it and logged back on later in the day to find loads of notifications.  I thought I'd had some quality #content or even got into a bit of #beef but it was just telling me about all the replies on the Covid thread.  Very disappointing.

44 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

8.30 on a Sunday too? 

Sunday is the day for garden work. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Fair enough. I prefer staying in bed scranning a fry up and watching football all day. 

You can have your fry up do things then watch some football.

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm lazy tho. 

Ah ok! 

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

I had fingerprints taken this morning.😔

What'd you do?

I am sure I have had mine taken a few times when lifted. 

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I accidentally clicked to be notified of all replies to the Covid thread yesterday. I didn't know I'd done it and logged back on later in the day to find loads of notifications.  I thought I'd had some quality #content

LOL

Northern Rail have a policy of fining you if you don’t have a valid ticket at your destination even tho they have like 6 guys standing about doing nothing and an actual ticket booth before you go through the barriers.

I know this because after about five minutes of verifying if I was at it the station attendant let me buy a ticket after accepting in Scotland, the civilised country, you actually can buy a ticket at a destination station.

I get why they love voting Tory down here now.

Northern Rail have a policy of fining you if you don’t have a valid ticket at your destination even tho they have like 6 guys standing about doing nothing and an actual ticket booth before you go through the barriers.

I know this because after about five minutes of verifying if I was at it the station attendant let me buy a ticket after accepting in Scotland, the civilised country, you actually can buy a ticket at a destination station.

I get why they love voting Tory down here now.
They also love to sell full off peak tickets on board rather than CDR. It's the policy to buy before you board but it's not something that really gets implemented up here. The Carlisle to Glasgow service could be some laugh if it was a Northern guard on from Carlisle charging folk a fortune before Dumfries.

They also love to sell full off peak tickets on board rather than CDR. It's the policy to buy before you board but it's not something that really gets implemented up here. The Carlisle to Glasgow service could be some laugh if it was a Northern guard on from Carlisle charging folk a fortune before Dumfries.

I could see his point as I could’ve bought a ticket (if I knew!) but the guy on board missed me on the way and there was clearly a facility to buy a ticket at the station. Also I didn’t say one of the nearby stations either so I think it was apparent I wasn’t at it.

Anyway fair play the guy let us off but for a hot minute I was ready to phone in and harangue Andy Burnham on his call-in show!

Telling you mate they absolutely love looking for any excuse to ruin someone’s day down here if they can be a jobsworth about it.