Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

To be fair, I'd probably be an absolute miser if I was a GP receptionist and 90% of my calls were spent arguing with folk that they couldn't see a doctor because they had a bit of a runny nose, or get antibiotics for a head cold.

15 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Mrs Par/Rasputin always has aggro with GP’s receptionists. Always seem nice enough to me. I used to even get the university library dragons to blush and waive my regular late fees. 

It's because you're such a lovely dear to those Moscow chicks.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

To be fair, I'd probably be an absolute miser if I was a GP receptionist and 90% of my calls were spent arguing with folk that they couldn't see a doctor because they had a bit of a runny nose, or get antibiotics for a head cold.

Pish, they're paid precisely to weed out the people who are at it and those who need emergency assistance. If they didn't want to deal with the ailments of the general public they probably shouldn't have taken up a job which exists for that reason only. 

51 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Mrs Par/Rasputin always has aggro with GP’s receptionists. Always seem nice enough to me. 

That's because you're their best customer, accident boy. 

When the bus I'm on sits waiting at the stop because the driver is running early and needs to match up with the timetable. Now I understand why they do it and ordinarily I don't mind all that much, but I hate it when it happens at the stop before mine - I never know whether it's going to be quicker for me to get off and walk or if the bus will set off again and whizz past me as soon as my feet hit the pavement.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

When the bus I'm on sits waiting at the stop because the driver is running early and needs to match up with the timetable. Now I understand why they do it and ordinarily I don't mind all that much, but I hate it when it happens at the stop before mine - I never know whether it's going to be quicker for me to get off and walk or if the bus will set off again and whizz past me as soon as my feet hit the pavement.

Get timetable, take note of what time bus is due there.

If you could walk and be there before then, get off. If not, stay on. 

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

If there's an old wifie* hobbling slowly towards the stop chances are the bus will soon zoom off just before she gets there

*Also, me 

Being woken up at this time by a neighbours lawnmower. 

What time do the people of PnB find acceptable to start doing the garden at the weekend? I'd say after 10 at least. 

What time do the people of PnB find acceptable to start doing the garden at the weekend? I'd say after 10 at least. 
My neighbour was out at 8 this morning with his extremely loud pressure washer and I considered petrol bombing his hoose. 10 is probably the acceptable cutoff

55 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

My neighbour was out at 8 this morning with his extremely loud pressure washer and I considered petrol bombing his hoose. 10 is probably the acceptable cutoff

9am is fair game.

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Kin right. I'd have been up for about 3.5 hrs by then, like f**k I'm letting the day slip by so some lazy c**t can lie around in there pj's doing f**k all for half the day. Bollocks to that pish.

Fair as long as you're happy with people blasting loud music etc late at night. 

5 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

That's not even remotely comparable. Behave now.

Aye it is. Those lazy people that need to go bed before midnight shouldn't force others to stay quiet. 

Downstairs neighbour (usually a good c*nt) is a weekend outdoorsy type and was banging about with heavy equipment at 7 am this morning as he headed for the hills which woke me up 

That it was a pish awful day today is my only consolation

Think it’s generally good manners to keep noise down 11pm-9am as a minimum.

The guy saying it’s not comparable having noise in the morning as at night is talking nonsense though. If someone stays up later and wakes up later, then they’ve as much right to quiet as someone who gets up at 6am but goes to bed at 9pm.