Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bit late in replying to this but on the bright side, now you don't need to drink that bottle of Budweiser. 

Unfortunately I did the classic attempt to combat this scenario by whacking my gub over the top of the bottle and hoping to defy physics by containing it all in my mouth, it didn't work and I woke up today and my walls smelled like beer/water-beer. 

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Second game back at 5's last night. I appear to have torn something in my thigh after about 5 minutes.

Very subtle...

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Star Wars isn't real life, ya halfwits. No one else other than fellow halfwits are interested.

I read this and instantly realised what the date was. As someone that watched all the films for the first time last year and enjoyed them they do have the neekiest fan base in existence. 

50 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Trying to book some sort of pub/restaurant in Glasgow is impossible just now. A9EF0422-AD83-49C7-AE1C-A6A5E1E8B4A3.png.0dd7974977461fc34215b1e3378d32d0.png

I was in Cafe Andaluz - booked, Brewdog - booked & Brel - walk in on Saturday.

Brel - walk in, Brewdog - booked & The Dhabba - booked on Sunday.

Only Brel on Saturday was full.

You have poor taste in pubs.

I was in a place in Partick called Bauhaus during the week. The only way you could order was through an app that was really tough to navigate. The only beer they had on draught was Amstel and Heineken which was £5, took ages to get the drinks for some reason even though it was half empty. Table service in pubs/bars really needs to get to f**k, it makes things so much more complicated than it needs to be for staff and customers.

When I finished uni I got a bottle of champagne and upended it into my mouth, which I discovered causes the champagne to immediately blast its way into your stomach, not pausing for niceties like the normal peristaltic way one swallows food and drink. This made me instantly drunk, and also gave me the most unbearably painful heartburn I've ever had, I thought I was going to die.
And they say university is poor preparation for adult life.

3 hours ago, centralTon said:

Fair enough mate, how far in advance did you book though? I just want to go for a couple of pints on a Friday night and every single place I’ve looked is fully booked. The same goes for every single restaurant I’ve looked at, unless I wanted to go at 1pm on a Wednesday. I don’t organise my nights out weeks in advance which is what seems to be required these days. Just makes it shite.

Sure, there might be walk-ins available in some places, but I’m not getting a taxi some place to chance my arm and wait outside for hours like a peasant.

9 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Fair enough mate, how far in advance did you book though? I just want to go for a couple of pints on a Friday night and every single place I’ve looked is fully booked. The same goes for every single restaurant I’ve looked at, unless I wanted to go at 1pm on a Wednesday. I don’t organise my nights out weeks in advance which is what seems to be required these days. Just makes it shite.

Sure, there might be walk-ins available in some places, but I’m not getting a taxi some place to chance my arm and wait outside for hours like a peasant.

Booked at the start of last week, April 26th.

What's the deal with phoning the doctors?

I was asked to call back when I'd finished a course of antibiotics so I called about hawf 1.

"can you call back between 8-10am tomorrow?" 

I asked why and was told that's when they have to book in the doctors consultations, she asked if this was alright and I said no. I have time to call just now as I am working between these hours but I will try call between 8-10am the mora.

What's the fucking point?

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What's the deal with phoning the doctors?

I was asked to call back when I'd finished a course of antibiotics so I called about hawf 1.

"can you call back between 8-10am tomorrow?" 

I asked why and was told that's when they have to book in the doctors consultations, she asked if this was alright and I said no. I have time to call just now as I am working between these hours but I will try call between 8-10am the mora.

What's the fucking point?

I feel your pain. It really is fucking scandalous how out-dated GP surgeries are, as if they decided on a system in 1923 and that's the way it always has to be. GP receptionists must be responsible for about 70% of aneuryms as a result of people simply phoning up the fucking place for an appointment. If I ever decide to go on a killing spree the GP surgery is first for the high jump. 

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I feel your pain. It really is fucking scandalous how out-dated GP surgeries are, as if they decided on a system in 1923 and that's the way it always has to be. GP receptionists must be responsible for about 70% of aneuryms as a result of people simply phoning up the fucking place for an appointment. If I ever decide to go on a killing spree the GP surgery is first for the high jump. 

Mind and phone the day before to make sure they'll see you

Our GP does appointments for same day callers only. My record number of calls to get through is over 120, to be met with "sorry all appointments are gone now". This can usually be over-ridden by, ahem, "emphasising" the potential seriousness of any symptoms, especially for a small child. They keep 2 hours free for emergency appointments.