Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

People who don't know basic geography. 

Miss LTL was watching Richard Osmans House of Games yesterday having dinner and its gets to the round "Where is Kazakhstan?" (for those who aren't familiar, each contestant gets told something and they have to pinpoint on a map where they think it happened or where the place is). I appreciate not everybody is going to know where Suriname or Cambodia are but FFS some people really are oblivious to the world around them.

I just can't get my head around it, surely anybody with a basic education could pick Spain or fucking France out on a map? Surely every c**t knows that Russia is the big one taking up half the northern hemisphere? There are so many dim-witted fucking idiots out there.

Worse than that, my flat mate couldn't tell you where Ayr is. I think some folk just grow up thinking they won't ever need to know this stuff so are ignorant to it. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Worse than that, my flat mate couldn't tell you where Ayr is. I think some folk just grow up thinking they won't ever need to know this stuff so are ignorant to it. 

I just had to check where Ayr is just to make sure. The first map that Google suggested should help anyone that needs to know where major cities like Borders are located:

image.png.44209c81e8f8a8284faec3bec18f80ef.png

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I liked her leggings though.

She has very nice trousers and shoes in the video to Superstar. Can’t say I’ve heard much about her since. 

Edited by Rasputin

Just noticed from seeing a previous page in desktop mode that my newest phone obviously saves screenshots as massive-sized pictures.  <_<   

Also, YouTube videos on my TV app that throw up suggestions for other videos for the last 30 secs or so, almost entirely covering up whatever I'm trying to watch.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I just had to check where Ayr is just to make sure. The first map that Google suggested should help anyone that needs to know where major cities like Borders are located:

image.png.44209c81e8f8a8284faec3bec18f80ef.png

*Deep breath*

• The capitalisation of 'Area' to make things like Stirling Area and Pitlochry Area sound like genuine terms.  The word 'Area' is completely redundant on Inverness Area (which has its red point bang on Inverness) anyway.
  • The Scottish-English border being drawn as far south as Lindisfarne, ~20 miles SE of the actual border near Berwick.
  • Suggesting that large islands and areas like Lochaber, Caithness etc can be marked by single points.
  • The general use of 'Borders' without the use of either 'the' or 'Scottish' as a prefix.
  • Stirling Area being marked somewhere near Braco/Blackford (both in P&K of course).
  • Marking Edinburgh at Portobello.
  • Oban seemingly being located north of Connel. 
  • The name 'North England' (instead of northern England) and marking it in exactly the same way as the countries/nations of Scotland and Northern Ireland have been.
  • Loch Fyne being marked on hills.
  • Glasgow & Loch Lomond being marked at Greenock.
  • Corrie Fee and a chunk of Angus apparently being in the 'Pitlochry Area'
  • Orkney appearing to be a body of water comparable to the North Sea.   I'll let the complete absence of Shetland slide.

Me:

giphy.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

*Deep breath*

• The capitalisation of 'Area' to make things like Stirling Area and Pitlochry Area sound like genuine terms.  The word 'Area' is completely redundant on Inverness Area (which has its red point bang on Inverness) anyway.
  • The Scottish-English border being drawn as far south as Lindisfarne, ~20 miles SE of the actual border near Berwick.
  • Suggesting that large islands and areas like Lochaber, Caithness etc can be marked by single points.
  • The general use of 'Borders' without the use of either 'the' or 'Scottish' as a prefix.
  • Stirling Area being marked somewhere near Braco/Blackford (both in P&K of course).
  • The name 'North England' (instead of northern England) and marking it in exactly the same way as the countries/nations of Scotland and Northern Ireland have been.
  • Orkney appearing to be a body of water comparable to the North Sea.   I'll let the complete absence of Shetland slide.

Me:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Maybe the map is right and you’re wrong? 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The general use of 'Borders' without the use of either 'the' or 'Scottish' as a prefix.

Or indeed 'English border' which for a map of Scotland is more accurate.

Also the new conurbation of 'Glasgow & Loch Lomond'.

This ad keeps popping up

1. I'll never go to East Lothian

2. It's a shit tagline. Reminds of the old meme "Canada, America's hat"

3. If you are going to promote the beauty and majesty of E.Lothian do better than a dirty old bridge that doesn't even clear the water it's bridging 

Screenshot_20210427-183137_Chrome.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

*Deep breath*

Me:

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Sutherland totally disappeared.

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

This ad keeps popping up

3. If you are going to promote the beauty and majesty of E.Lothian do better than a dirty old bridge that doesn't even clear the water it's bridging 

Screenshot_20210427-183137_Chrome.jpg

The famous Dunbar "Bridge to nowhere" at the John Muir country park is a local landmark. When the tide's out it lets you cross the Biel burn. When the tide's in the bridge is surrounded by seawater.

East Lothian is very nice but I don't care if you don't want to visit there or not.

This ad keeps popping up
Screenshot_20210427-183137_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0825cf3fe98b8f7d0c7bec8abc266a73.jpg
The Bridge to Nowhere looking a lot more majestic.FB_IMG_1619547225353.jpeg

10 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Sutherland totally disappeared.

Nope, it's definitely on there, just a complete irrelevance unworthy of mention.  :P

Clearly drawn pre-NC500, back when the only tourists venturing north of Ullapool were German or Dutch people with a tent in the back of a hire car.

East lothian is a great place, because I live there.

In all seriousness, on a beautiful day it's good, wee drive to north berwick for a fish supper, then across to haddington for a walk along the banks of the tyne.