Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's because this has been all over the radio, isn't it.

Also, FWIW:  https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/226369-whats-your-username-all-about/

Funny story. My username is nothing in fact to do with the suburb in the west of Glasgow and being a Rangers fan.

It's about the suburb in the west of Glasgow and the fact that I'm a massive, hairy gay man.

My avatar is Judge Dredd, because I've got a massive hardon for futuristic, post apocalyptic, fascist lawmen.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Websites that make you enter your date of birth to enter them (for distilleries etc) instead of simply having a 'tick here to confirm you are over 18' option.  Because nobody could select a false year, or even select another one if they were somehow stupid enough to pick an invalid year the first time around, can they?
Screenshot_20210427-092244.thumb.png.3806003ac6ae8c3adc9e6b333c043d28.png
Yes distilleries and the such, sure.

People who don't know basic geography. 

Miss LTL was watching Richard Osmans House of Games yesterday having dinner and its gets to the round "Where is Kazakhstan?" (for those who aren't familiar, each contestant gets told something and they have to pinpoint on a map where they think it happened or where the place is). I appreciate not everybody is going to know where Suriname or Cambodia are but FFS some people really are oblivious to the world around them.

I just can't get my head around it, surely anybody with a basic education could pick Spain or fucking France out on a map? Surely every c**t knows that Russia is the big one taking up half the northern hemisphere? There are so many dim-witted fucking idiots out there.

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Miss LTL was watching Richard Osmans House of Games yesterday having dinner and its gets to the round "Where is Kazakhstan?" (for those who aren't familiar, each contestant gets told something and they have to pinpoint on a map where they think it happened or where the place is). I appreciate not everybody is going to know where Suriname or Cambodia are but FFS some people really are oblivious to the world around them.

I just can't get my head around it, surely anybody with a basic education could pick Spain or fucking France out on a map? Surely every c**t knows that Russia is the big one taking up half the northern hemisphere? There are so many dim-witted fucking idiots out there.

Kazakhstan only have themselves to blame. If they weren't in UEFA people might know it was in Asia. 

16 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Private Eye has a column called "Dumb Britain" featuring such f*ckwits 

I had a theory that game shows only invite thickos on so they don't have to shell out on prizes. Also to make the general populous feel better about themselves by laughing at thickos not getting questions. On a different note I got a general knowledge question right that last night's Mastermind winner didn't.

See also "knobheads on quiz shows" by Half Man Half Biscuit 

3 hours ago, Rasputin said:

The show Gomorrah, La Serie, has ruined car scenes for me in most other films etc. They film everything so beautifully and have actors actually driving. In most scenes on tv/film the car is parked on a trailer so you can see the car is about 5 ft off the ground when passing other cars etc and it’s obvious the engine isn’t even running. And so many films etc use the same driving test centre that Fifth Gear and other shows use and try and pass it off as country roads. 

Ive noticed this also. The rear mounted shot is superb. I don't actually recall it being deployed that much in other shows or movies and am surprised given how spectacular it is, always accompanied by a slow mood soundtrack

3 hours ago, Rasputin said:

I don’t live or work in Shandon any more so it feels inappropriate. Need to settle on a new permanent moniker. 

My name's not Tam and I'm not a bam. (I'm actually a cnut)

May I suggest Muffy the Canine Slayer as a user name too...

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had a theory that game shows only invite thickos on so they don't have to shell out on prizes. Also to make the general populous feel better about themselves by laughing at thickos not getting questions.

I think they defo have a 75% idiots rule.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's because this has been all over the radio, isn't it.

I wasn't aware there was a remix oot. I hear folks phone playing it often and I asked what it was. Dancing on tiktok. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Jamelia and Susan Fucking Calman?

I dont know what was worse. Them or Paul Martin's attempts at spelling.  

This bloody country. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Can you point to Falkirk’s 4th stand on a map? Thanks in advance.