Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I have had two in the last 4 weeks (belter of a cold doing the rounds in our house.)  both times my work were pretty cool.

You had a cold so had to get a test ? 

I had the cold for a good few days last week and didn't get a covid test because...... I had the cold. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just had a return to work interview where I was asked why I never come in and worked my shift after the negative result - my response of "nobody else has had to in departments which aren't overly stretched and undermanned so why would I have to?" led to quite a wee stand off silence before he then asked "and why didn't you answer your phone or text messages? I was trying to get a hold of you". 

"I'm not paid to answer my phone or texts when I'm off sick, on holiday or not in working hours so it has to stop. You were shown my results and informed I'd be in today." 

"Fill out this form and have it on my desk by midday." 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hand it in at 12:01pm.

I find that not signing documents induces a fair bit of rage under these circumstances.

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

You had a cold so had to get a test ? 

I had the cold for a good few days last week and didn't get a covid test because...... I had the cold. 

Yep, I had a belter of a sore throat and was coughin' like f**k, I knew it was the cold but I asked the work what I should do and they advised me to get tested as a precaution as I am in the office. Then the missus had it and she was advised the same and since we are in the same household I had to isolate until she was cleared. I booked myself in as a precaution again.
It's been about 5 weeks and I still have the cold coming and going. Probably getting shitloads of germs aff the wean from nursery.

Letter in today's Guardian from Dr Hillary Perraton, author of "A history of foreign students in Britain".

The Doctor was trying to make a valid point about the racism of unmarked graves for African and Indian soldiers but spoiled it with this sentence "the war memorial for the siege of Mafeking has, alongside the names of British soldiers, one plaque commemorating with no names 'The Black Watch'...".

I was slightly annoyed that the Doctor had mistaken the famous Scottish regiment for an African native regiment! The letters page tomorrow could be interesting.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Letter in today's Guardian from Dr Hillary Perraton, author of "A history of foreign students in Britain".

The Doctor was trying to make a valid point about the racism of unmarked graves for African and Indian soldiers but spoiled it with this sentence "the war memorial for the siege of Mafeking has, alongside the names of British soldiers, one plaque commemorating with no names 'The Black Watch'...".

I was slightly annoyed that the Doctor had mistaken the famous Scottish regiment for an African native regiment! The letters page tomorrow could be interesting.

Don't fucking tell him about the Tartan Army.