Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Drivers who think they don't need to indicate they're turning left at traffic lights. Very confusing and dangerous for people like me who don't have the patience to wait for the green man to cross the road.

There are plenty of drivers who think the only time they're obliged to indicate is when they notice another car that might batter into them.

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Drivers who think they don't need to indicate they're turning left at traffic lights. Very confusing and dangerous for people like me who don't have the patience to wait for the green man to cross the road.

It's also annoying for drivers (me) behind them who are expecting them to go straight on at a crossroads. 

Lazy inconsiderate moronic cnuts.

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

"Do you have our loyalty app?"

No

"Do you want it?"

(I'd have fucking downloaded it if I wanted it) No thanks

"You could have got £2 off your shopping"

(I just want to give you the money and take my stuff and go home and waggling a QR code in front of a scanner is an intolerable additional delay) No you're alright thanks

I used to be a regular in Vaporised in Partick and the same guy kept going on about the same deals every time I got the exact same stuff for months. It was infuriating.

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

"Do you have our loyalty app?"

No

"Do you want it?"

(I'd have fucking downloaded it if I wanted it) No thanks

"You could have got £2 off your shopping"

(I just want to give you the money and take my stuff and go home and waggling a QR code in front of a scanner is an intolerable additional delay) No you're alright thanks

Someone told me in work yesterday "I'll pay more for something to save looking for it cheaper, convenience is king".

52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a Dick Van Dyke character to cap my chimneys earlier (steady).

Did 3 but said there was a nest of 3 squirrels in chimney 4.

image.thumb.jpeg.20614012e653c0595ae16146d0405dd9.jpegBugger. Read this as you having bought some Mary Poppins-themed chimney cowls and thought you’d been out on your roof fitting them. Maybe you should pop up and check on the squirrels? The tiles will have plenty of grip despite the rain.

34 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

image.thumb.jpeg.20614012e653c0595ae16146d0405dd9.jpegBugger. Read this as you having bought some Mary Poppins-themed chimney cowls and thought you’d been out on your roof fitting them. Maybe you should pop up and check on the squirrels? The tiles will have plenty of grip despite the rain.

I get vertigo on the first rung of a ladder.

I had to get a covid test yesterday. I had went into work and then informed them I'd booked a test to be better safe than sorry (I can't taste or smell a thing - still can't). 

The MD was fine, off you go and let us know when you get your results. My manager text me twice over the course of the day basically asking if there was any update. 

I got my results at about half 8 this morning. My shift starts at 7. I text my manger saying its a negative and I will see him tomorrow. 

I have two missed calls and subsequent voicemail. I also have two messages. 

Can see me quitting again tomorrow, tbh. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I had to get a covid test yesterday. I had went into work and then informed them I'd booked a test to be better safe than sorry (I can't taste or smell a thing - still can't). 

The MD was fine, off you go and let us know when you get your results. My manager text me twice over the course of the day basically asking if there was any update. 

I got my results at about half 8 this morning. My shift starts at 7. I text my manger saying its a negative and I will see him tomorrow. 

I have two missed calls and subsequent voicemail. I also have two messages. 

Can see me quitting again tomorrow, tbh. 

I have had two in the last 4 weeks (belter of a cold doing the rounds in our house.)  both times my work were pretty cool.

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I have had two in the last 4 weeks (belter of a cold doing the rounds in our house.)  both times my work were pretty cool.

I've just had a return to work interview where I was asked why I never come in and worked my shift after the negative result - my response of "nobody else has had to in departments which aren't overly stretched and undermanned so why would I have to?" led to quite a wee stand off silence before he then asked "and why didn't you answer your phone or text messages? I was trying to get a hold of you". 

"I'm not paid to answer my phone or texts when I'm off sick, on holiday or not in working hours so it has to stop. You were shown my results and informed I'd be in today." 

"Fill out this form and have it on my desk by midday." 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just had a return to work interview where I was asked why I never come in and worked my shift after the negative result - my response of "nobody else has had to in departments which aren't overly stretched and undermanned so why would I have to?" led to quite a wee stand off silence before he then asked "and why didn't you answer your phone or text messages? I was trying to get a hold of you". 

"I'm not paid to answer my phone or texts when I'm off sick, on holiday or not in working hours so it has to stop. You were shown my results and informed I'd be in today." 

Hand it in at 12:01pm.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Draw a cock on it