Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Do the colours on LED panels go weird if there's a powerful magnet nearby, like they did on CRTs?

First thing I thought of with MM's purple patch. Well, alright, second thing.

Coincidentally the leccy meter is in the cupboard behind it but I’ve moved the telly and it’s still got a massive purple thing.

18 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I will never buy a Samsung TV again,the last 2 were 1 month out of warranty before a packing in,i bought a 75in LG 4k UHD from Richer Sounds with a 6 year warranty a couple of weeks for £749.

Sounds good to me. Will check Richer Sounds out for an LG. 

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Coincidentally the leccy meter is in the cupboard behind it but I’ve moved the telly and it’s still got a massive purple thing.

Have you tried cleaning your specs?

On 09/04/2021 at 10:29, GordonD said:

Scaffies are the road sweepers, surely? You're talking about the bucket men.

Though they both do a fine job and we'd be lost without them.

Bucket men? 

Mods please

Edited by madwullie

Must be tempting to tell them they’ve won. 
Years ago I had an auld codger and his Mrs come in and make a bit of a show of asking me to check if he'd won. Scanned it, no winner. " your machine must be broken son, I think you'll find I've won £80,000". He hadn't, he thought that because the card had a cartoon picture of a cat on it that that was the 'winning symbol' even although he had scratched off the clearly marked 'winning symbol' box and it wasn't a cat. They clearly had a plan of how their day was going to pan out and to see the slow realisation in the guy's eyes that it was no longer heading that way was hilarious.

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
20 hours ago, Abby Normal said:
Must be tempting to tell them they’ve won. 

Years ago I had an auld codger and his Mrs come in and make a bit of a show of asking me to check if he'd won. Scanned it, no winner. " your machine must be broken son, I think you'll find I've won £80,000". He hadn't, he thought that because the card had a cartoon picture of a cat on it that that was the 'winning symbol' even although he had scratched off the clearly marked 'winning symbol' box and it wasn't a cat. They clearly had a plan of how their day was going to pan out and to see the slow realisation in the guy's eyes that it was no longer heading that way was hilarious.

Was he expecting a shop to hand him over £80k?!

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Aye no worries auld yin, I've got 80 large here in tenners.  That ok with you?'

"aye, just give me 5 mins I need to buzz the supervisor to open my counter cache" [emoji23] wouldn't surprise me if he did but I think he was more looking to create a scene and be the centre of attention before sauntering over to Peggy's Cafe like a celebrity for a champagne fry-up.

On 12/04/2021 at 12:26, Empty It said:
On 12/04/2021 at 11:50, 8MileBU said:
Ignorant auld folk who create queues and make folk late by thinking it’s acceptable to stand and gossip everywhere.

Ah the can you check my 15 lottery tickets and 10 scratch cards at the busiest time of the day crowd

Had this when working in a petrol station bitd. This auld wifey used to come in ten minutes before the cut off, cues out the door for lottery, and read 5 cards worth of numbers, tying up the machine for ages. When asked if she could not just fill out a slip was always forgot my specs or some such shite. One Sunday looks up and shes in the q, face like thunder. I'd put a wrong number in and she lost out a few hundred quid.  Was rough as f**k and had enough of her shite, told her if she filled out a slip like everyone else instead of being ignorant, then she might have had her money. 

Called into boss on the Monday, he was pishing himself, said he told her the same and wed only take filled out sips from her from then on. 

8 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Had this when working in a petrol station bitd. This auld wifey used to come in ten minutes before the cut off, cues out the door for lottery, and read 5 cards worth of numbers, tying up the machine for ages. When asked if she could not just fill out a slip was always forgot my specs or some such shite. One Sunday looks up and shes in the q, face like thunder. I'd put a wrong number in and she lost out a few hundred quid.  Was rough as f**k and had enough of her shite, told her if she filled out a slip like everyone else instead of being ignorant, then she might have had her money. 

Called into boss on the Monday, he was pishing himself, said he told her the same and wed only take filled out sips from her from then on. 

Was that the Esso garage where KFC now is?  I mind there used to be mad queues in there.  

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yeah, people genuinely do. When I worked in a Post Office, which held a six-figure cash sum on the premises at any given time, the maximum we'd pay out in cash was about £650 (I think). Anything more, you call the number on the ticket. Hardly had anybody who ever won more than that (because it's a scam), but they were universally pissed that we wouldn't just hand them a wodge of cash.

Woman in the office (back in the pre-Lottery days) came in and said that her son-in-law had 24 points on the pools coupon. It later turned out that the wife had checked it but didn't realise you can only count 8 out of the 10 selections...

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Oh la-dee-dah look at Mr "I have time to spell all my words out" over here. 

Show off c**t. 

How much time do you save per text message?

That's exactly what the auto-correct gods want you to think, that you're saving so much time for more important things but really it's just making you look like a fanny in front of your friends when it changes "f**k" to "duck". 

How much time do you save per text message?
That's exactly what the auto-correct gods want you to think, that you're saving so much time for more important things but really it's just making you look like a fanny in front of your friends when it changes "f**k" to "duck". 
Duck off danny